It worked on your F-150 with key ignition or keyless (push button start)?
Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
- Posts: 217
- Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:04 am
- Vehicle: 2003escapeltd
- Location: eastern pennsylvania
FORD FLIP (key start key,s started w/2013 fusion are 128 bit keys ) they can only be programed live thru ford web site .FORD nonflip keys are either 40 or 80 bit chips they can be programed w/FORScan BUT require 2 cut known GOOD chip keys
It worked on Ford Mustang EcoBoost 2015 with keyless (push button start). Thanks.FORScan wrote: ↑Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:43 am
But one of our users found a workaround about how to clear MyKeys with FORScan but without any programming. It can be done in FORScan for Windows or FORScan Lite for iOS, Android. Here is the exact sequence:
1. Start the car and connect to it with FORScan.
2 Start PCM KOER test (Tests->PCM Key On Engine Running On Demand Self Test)
3. Wait until the test is completed
4. Remove keyfob from the car in case of keyless system (with engine start button). In case of standard blade key, you have to block the transponder (for example, wrap the keyfob with a foil).
5. Stop the engine (turn the ignition off)
6. Turn the igfnition On but don't run the engine.
7. Go to MyKey menu in your instrument cluster and execute Clear MyKeys option .
this thread requires deleting due to false information , and everyone already knowing the keyless entry trick
i am the same as you just a forscan user still learning .
I drive a 2015 F-150 and this did not work. I have MyKey turned on to the only key I have. I bought another key and had it cut to program only to find out that PATS programming wasn't an option for me in forscan. I tried this method next, and it was to no avail. After completing the KOER test, I wrapped the key in foil, and turned it off. After turning it back on, with the foil still wrapped, the car wouldn't give me a MyKey option within the settings. So I tried the process again, but this time I removed the foil before turning it back on into the run position, and the vehicle immediately enabled MyKey as it had previously been doing.