How to clear MyKey without admin key and programming

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Andyfocus
Vehicle: ford focus 1.0 ecoboost (100ps) 2017

Re: How to clear MyKey without admin key and programming

Post by Andyfocus »

ADSavarese wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:48 pm
I have a 2016 Cmax Energi and have 2 key FOBS. Under the Information screen, My Key shows 0 keys and 1 Admin key. When one of the two FOBS is used, the 80 MPH limitation shows up on the screen. When the other FOB is used, there is no 80 mph limitation. I have tried the posted clearing procedure at least 6 times and have had zero success removing the admin key. My Key has never appeared under Settings and there is no way I am able to create another My Key.
Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong trying to clear My Key considering this is a Hybrid vehicle? I would just like to be able to see My Key in settings rather than only in the Information screen. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
you have 1 mykey and 1 admin key , the admin key is the master and dont add it as a mykey or you loose the admin key then your screwed, with the admin key goto my key setting and delete all my keys this will make all keys admin keys.
i am the same as you just a forscan user still learning .
The search function is there for a reason use it.
no you can no longer pm me with your 1 or 0 posts so dont try.
ADSavarese
Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 420 HP; 2016 CMax Energi Hybrid

Post by ADSavarese »

Thanks for your reply. I can't add any My Keys. All I can do is see My Key in the Information screen where is says 0 keys and 1 admin key. Even with the admin key in the car, there is no My Key anywhere in settings. All I want to do is get rid of the 80 mph restriction, which as I understand it, requires me to clear the 1 Admin key from the system.
Andyfocus
Vehicle: ford focus 1.0 ecoboost (100ps) 2017

Post by Andyfocus »

ADSavarese wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:43 pm
Thanks for your reply. I can't add any My Keys. All I can do is see My Key in the Information screen where is says 0 keys and 1 admin key. Even with the admin key in the car, there is no My Key anywhere in settings. All I want to do is get rid of the 80 mph restriction, which as I understand it, requires me to clear the 1 Admin key from the system.
the admin key is the master key and you do NOT want to remove this as it controls everything , it removes the my-keys and all setting ,people here want to remove my-keys not add them .they want their keys returning to admin keys.
i am the same as you just a forscan user still learning .
The search function is there for a reason use it.
no you can no longer pm me with your 1 or 0 posts so dont try.
ADSavarese
Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 420 HP; 2016 CMax Energi Hybrid

Post by ADSavarese »

But with my Admin key (master key as you mentioned), I have the 80 mph restriction. I have no My Key in settings and therefore have no way to clear or change anything. I can only see My Key in the Information screen, which says 0 My Keys and 1 Admin key. If I use the Admin key to start the car, then the 80 MPH restriction is there. If I use the other key, there is no 80 MPH restriction. But still no My Key in settings. Thus I can't create or change anything. I would like to be able to clear the 80 mph restriction when using the Admin key and see My Key in Settings.