How to clear MyKey without admin key and programming

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
TaysonGS
Vehicle: 2016 Mustang Ecoboost

Re: How to clear MyKey without admin key and programming

Post by TaysonGS »

FORScan wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:43 am
It is typical situation when people have MyKey enabled and have no Admin key that would allow to clear MyKey feature. Previously, our support answered that there are 2 ways to do it with FORScan:

1. Reprogram PATS - erase all known keys and program 2 new ones. This removes MyKey completely, but it is quite "heavy" way: it requires 2 working different good quality keys and PATS programming functions (in FORScan it is available not for all models).

2. Disable MyKey options in IPC and other modules if available. This removes chimes and warnings, but not MyKey itself. Some limits, like speed limit, may remain active after this procedure.

But one of our users found a workaround about how to clear MyKeys with FORScan but without any programming. It can be done in FORScan for Windows or FORScan Lite for iOS, Android. Here is the exact sequence:

1. Start the car and connect to it with FORScan.
2 Start PCM KOER test (Tests->PCM Key On Engine Running On Demand Self Test)
3. Wait until the test is completed
4. Remove keyfob from the car in case of keyless system (with engine start button). In case of standard blade key, you have to block the transponder (for example, wrap the keyfob with a foil).
5. Stop the engine (turn the ignition off)
6. Turn the igfnition On but don't run the engine.
7. Go to MyKey menu in your instrument cluster and execute Clear MyKeys option .

You now have MyKey removed.

Note: this was tested on cars with gasoline engine, not tested on diesel engines.

Please leave your feedback on this method.
This worked with my 2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium. I followed all steps but step 4 I wrapped the key fob in aluminum foil and then turned off the car. Once I turned the car back on in accessory mode I simply went to the Mykey setting and cleared my MyKey. I used this OBD Scanner https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073X ... UTF8&psc=1 and used Forscan Lite on Android. Thank you for this. Dealer wanted $150
Sheffieldguy82
Vehicle: ford galaxy, duratorq turbo diesel common rail inj

Post by Sheffieldguy82 »

I dont suppose someone knows how to deactivate MYKEY for a 57 plate (2017) Ford Galaxy 2.0 Deisel (150BHP) I have tried many times now and this is driving me insain, all I want to do is remove the speed restriction that the wife added while messing about with settings.
scottfamily03
Vehicle: Galaxy Diesel 2.0

Post by scottfamily03 »

Sheffieldguy, I’m in exactly the same situation and so far the only thing I keep seeing that will definitely work is to go back to the Ford dealer and get a new key programmed for ££££. I keep looking in the hope of something though.
dalekrebs
Vehicle: F150, V6 3.5L twin turbo, 2014

Post by dalekrebs »

reprogrammed my daughters 2015 Ford Fusion mykey settings.
Could not use the FoCCCus application...it would not read BCM/ECU modules.

In FORScan, I used the IPC module configuration (NOT THE -As Built Format)
sorted based on feature name and MYKEY multiple settings are listed.
MyKey was set to enable...changed to disable and wrote to module.
followed onscreen directions...result, MyKey limitation were removed.
Attachments
Fusion2015.png
Fusion2015.png (114.46 KiB) Viewed 1450 times
Finnjani
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 115Hp year 2003

Post by Finnjani »

dalekrebs wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:42 pm
reprogrammed my daughters 2015 Ford Fusion mykey settings.
Could not use the FoCCCus application...it would not read BCM/ECU modules.

In FORScan, I used the IPC module configuration (NOT THE -As Built Format)
sorted based on feature name and MYKEY multiple settings are listed.
MyKey was set to enable...changed to disable and wrote to module.
followed onscreen directions...result, MyKey limitation were removed.
This worked for my B-max 2015 1.0 Ecoboost. Thx 😊
m_oursbourn
Vehicle: 2019 Ford Expedition Max, 3.6L V6

Post by m_oursbourn »

FORScan wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:43 am
1. Start the car and connect to it with FORScan.
2 Start PCM KOER test (Tests->PCM Key On Engine Running On Demand Self Test)
3. Wait until the test is completed
4. Remove keyfob from the car in case of keyless system (with engine start button). In case of standard blade key, you have to block the transponder (for example, wrap the keyfob with a foil).
5. Stop the engine (turn the ignition off)
6. Turn the igfnition On but don't run the engine.
7. Go to MyKey menu in your instrument cluster and execute Clear MyKeys option .

You now have MyKey removed.
I just successfully cleared MyKey on my 2019 Ford Expedition Max (keyless entry with push button start/stop, no remote start) using the method described above and an "OHP ELMconfig FORScan OBD2 Adapter - ELM327 USB Scanner for Ford and Mazda"
https://www.amazon.com/OHP-ELMconfig-Ad ... 01F0GVBWY/

Saved $350 (dealership quote to create a new admin key) and I'm now no longer subject to an 80 mph speed limit or volume limit! Thank you!
Haggars
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo 2.0tdci 150hp 2018

Post by Haggars »

Hi all just trying this on my Mondeo 2018, but i done seem to have the key on engine running option in forscan I also dont seem to have the IPC module option in config and programming, is there a specific version I shouldbbe running for this?

Haggars
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo 2.0tdci 150hp 2018

Post by Haggars »

Think I have worked it out, my ELM327 adaptor is out of date and wont read all the CAN data, just ordered a new one.
ultisage3
Vehicle: Fusion, ????, 2012

Post by ultisage3 »

2012 Ford Fusion with Bladed Key and no remote start here. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

1. Connect car to Windows laptop using OBDII reader and FORScan
2. Run KOER test and wait until 100% complete
3. Wrap key in aluminum foil while engine is still running
4. Stop engine with wrapped key
5. Turn the key to the "run" position, but do not start the engine (the engine won't start anyway, as the key is blocked)
6. Car starts in MyKey mode anyway, even though the engine won't start. Still won't let me get to MyKey settings.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
scottfamily03
Vehicle: Galaxy Diesel 2.0

Post by scottfamily03 »

Hi Haggars, I have exactly the same issue with my 2016 Galaxy 2.0 Tdci. I’ve just bought a new OBD reader as recommended on forscan because I thought my ELM adapter was not working properly but I still can’t get the KOER function on the pcm and can find no other way around it with forscan! I can turn of the warnings etc on the dash but not the actual MyKey function!! :( :x :evil: It’s looking increasingly like I will have to go to a dealer and spend £280 to get it reprogrammed! :shock: