How to clear MyKey without admin key and programming

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Chicken1920
Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang

Re: How to clear MyKey without admin key and programming

Post by Chicken1920 »

jjackson4520 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:40 pm
When I run the IPC Module Configuration (As Built format) it only brings up 720-01-01 and 720-01-02. Is this possibly because of the age of the vehicle or the capability of the adapter I am using? I am trying to reset the mykey for a 2011 Ford f250. I was able to go into the IPC Module and actually disable mykey but that only disabled the chimes and warnings so the actual radio volume limit and speed limit still exist.
I am also having this same issue! were you able to figure it out?
moldywoldy
Vehicle: Fiesta, 1.0 ecoboost (140) 2016

Post by moldywoldy »

Grummy F150 - thanks for the detailed explanation. I'm trying to remove mykey from Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost St line. When I connect and read from IPC I only have 1 set of numbers under 720-02-01 - do you have any ideas what is going wrong? Desperate to get rid of this mykey limitation and only have one bladed key. Any help appreciated.
Attachments
ipc.jpg
ipc.jpg (353.68 KiB) Viewed 3152 times
S197jr
Vehicle: Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 2014

Post by S197jr »

So I’ve accessed FORScan but everytime I run IPC (AS built ) I only get two options 720-01-01 & 720-02-01. But I can’t seem to get MyKey Off. Also when I choose the other IPC option I only get two options As well which are languages & track key Enable or disable. I’m losing my mind trying to disable MyKey. I have a 2014 GT PREMIUM. Any ideas on how to disable it?
cecblw
Vehicle: Ford F150 XLT 2016

Post by cecblw »

I accidentally turned on Mykey on my admin key on my 2016 F150. Does not have remote or push to start and I have both keys. I tried the procedure outlined with the KOER and then wrapping tin foil around the key. No joy. The Mykey menu will not come back. Any other ideas than taking it to the dealer? I disabled all the Mykey features, but the speed limiter is still turned on even though there are no warnings.
cecblw
Vehicle: Ford F150 XLT 2016

Post by cecblw »

I did the below on my 2016 F150 and my 720-02-01 already had 20 for the middle 2 digits, so there was nothing to change and obviously still stuck with this stupid mykey. Tin foil on my blade key also does not work. Can't get the Mykey menu option to show back up. Any ideas?
grummyf150 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:47 am
tjtew79 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:57 pm
xzine311 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:39 am
I also can't get mine to work, I have a 2013 Ford Fusion, I have the OBDII reader and Forscan, I DONT have a keyless start, I have a blade key and I have tried just about everything. I don't have the PATs option on forscan, I only have 1 key and the other key which the dealership said they didn't have when we got the car is set to an admin key. I am just sick of it and don't want to spend $300 on a new key that they say has to be totally reprogrammed.

I even tried taking my key apart starting the car without the fob part, with just the blade and trying it the keyless way by walking away from the car, and no go, I tried tin foil as well. The car just tells me no key detected and defaults to MyKey state
Turn key on (No Start)
Connect to car in Forescan (save vehicle profile)
Access programming and configuration
Access IPC Mod Config (As Built)
First back up original module Then
Reprogram the module configuration in IPC Mod (As Built)
Under Mod 720-02-01 Second box of numbers, change the middle two digits ONLY to 20
Example 2CE4 should become 2204
Write all
The module will rewrite the entire mod
Turn key off and then back to on (No Start)

To verify
Access programming and configuration
Go to ICP Mod Configuration (not as built)
Search using filter MyKey
Ensure all options for My Key are disabled
That completes process

Note: MyKey will no longer be available for the vehicle.
I can confirm tjtew79 approach worked for me when followed per his write-up. MyKey is gone!

I want to add that I used the FORSCAN PRO HS/MS-CAN AUTO SWITCH tool.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G4G4C71/re ... MFbDQ2EPDN

(Windows 10, FORScan v2.3.36 beta). I nearly pulled my hair out, too, because despite the ‘auto-switch’ claim, the tool did not auto-switch and wouldn’t read the IPC modules or any MS-CAN modules.

If using this tool, connect to it a laptop but DO NOT connect it to the vehicle OBDII jack. open FORScan, click the settings icon. Then click on the connection tab. Under ‘ELM327 specific’ change MS-CAN support from ‘Auto’ to ‘RTS relay’. Under ‘J2534 specific’ change MS-CAN support, change from ‘auto’ to ‘dedicated channel’. NOW connect the tool to the vehicle OBDII Jack, then click the “connect” button in the lower left-hand corner of the FORScan app.

The complete list of both HSCAN and MSCAN modules should now populate.

Once the list is populated, click on the ‘Configuration and Programming’ icon. Select ‘IPC Module configuration (AS BUILT format)’.

Press the ‘play/run’ button.

When the warning message pops up, click ‘okay’. Immediately click ‘save all’ and save the As-Built settings/code by naming it “IPC-original” or something similar. After saving the original settings, proceed with reprogramming the IPC.

It will take you to the IPC code screen. Here, follow tjtew79 instructions. “ Under Mod 720-02-01 Second box of numbers, change the middle two digits ONLY to 20
Example 2CE4 should become 2204
Write all
The module will rewrite the entire mod”

Once completed, cycle the ignition off and back on, and MyKey should be gone.

Big thanks to tjtew79 for the doing all the legwork to figure this MyKey garbage out.

Let me know if this is helpful. I’m going to attempt this same procedure on 10/29/2020 on the mother-in-laws 2012 Ford Edge; I’ll video the process and if it is successful, I’ll post it to YouTube for reference.

Good luck; thanks FORScan Forum!!
@lvin
Vehicle: Ford f-150 3.5 Ecoboost 2016

Post by @lvin »

I'm having the same issue. Please forscan find a way to eliminate and eviscerate mykey as if it has never existed. someone PLEASE HELP
scottfamily03
Vehicle: Galaxy Diesel 2.0

Post by scottfamily03 »

Hi everyone, I have accidentally turned on mykey and only have one key :x , I have followed this post and for my 2016 Galaxy (uk) I have no KOER procedure on the list only KOEO. I therefore have reprogrammed the module to remove it from the dash screen but the previous selected restrictions still remain (limited to 80mph, lane departure etc) does anyone know of a way to remove the restrictions as well as mykey please?? TIA.
Dustangel999
Vehicle: Mondeo St line mk5 Turnier 2018 2.0

Post by Dustangel999 »

scottfamily03
Vehicle: Galaxy Diesel 2.0

Post by scottfamily03 »

Hi Dustangel999, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I’ve tried that program after watching this video and it isn’t compatible with my galaxy for some reason. I’ve tried disabling everything to do with Mykey with forscan but it only removes it from the display not deactivating the restrictions. I’ve also not got the KOER test when forscan is used. :cry: :x
Badatta2d
Vehicle: 2014 Ford F150

Post by Badatta2d »

Can this be done with a bbfly WiFi obd2 and fordscan lite?