How to clear MyKey without admin key and programming

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
autigers21
Vehicle: 2016 Ford Expedition EcoBoost Turbocharged 3.5L

Re: How to clear MyKey without admin key and programming

Post by autigers21 »

I have a 2016 Ford Expedition XLT. I'm trying to remove the MyKey that I accidentally set. I received 1 key when I bought this vehicle used. It is NOT push button start.

I have the OBD reader with the switch and have installed ForScan on my laptop.

I have tried to follow the instructions but am sort of leery about changing the IPC codes.

How do I make a backup of the asbuilt before changing the codes?
I've tried to disable the MyKey but I still have the 80mph limiter

HELP
ev0kid
Vehicle: 2020 Mustang GT

Post by ev0kid »

I didn't read the forum thread fully but wouldn't flashing the original AsBuilt data also clear my key?
Wicked13
Vehicle: Explorer, 3.5L V6, 2013

Post by Wicked13 »

tjtew79 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:57 pm
xzine311 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:39 am
I also can't get mine to work, I have a 2013 Ford Fusion, I have the OBDII reader and Forscan, I DONT have a keyless start, I have a blade key and I have tried just about everything. I don't have the PATs option on forscan, I only have 1 key and the other key which the dealership said they didn't have when we got the car is set to an admin key. I am just sick of it and don't want to spend $300 on a new key that they say has to be totally reprogrammed.

I even tried taking my key apart starting the car without the fob part, with just the blade and trying it the keyless way by walking away from the car, and no go, I tried tin foil as well. The car just tells me no key detected and defaults to MyKey state
Turn key on (No Start)
Connect to car in Forescan (save vehicle profile)
Access programming and configuration
Access IPC Mod Config (As Built)
First back up original module Then
Reprogram the module configuration in IPC Mod (As Built)
Under Mod 720-02-01 Second box of numbers, change the middle two digits ONLY to 20
Example 2CE4 should become 2204
Write all
The module will rewrite the entire mod
Turn key off and then back to on (No Start)

To verify
Go to ICP Mod Configuration (not as built)
Search using filter MyKey
Ensure all options for My Key are disabled
That completes process

Note: MyKey will no longer be available for the vehicle.

I'm about to lose my damn mind. I have done this exact sequence above several times on my 2013 Ford Exp Sport with no remote start. EVERY time I do it, I check my radio volume and the damn thing is still MyKey limited. I go back in to IPC ABD and it's changed the 2 middle numbers back to what the original was before I switched it to 20. Why is that happening? Am I doing something wrong? I'm just so frustrated and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I even disable it in IPC and that only removes it from showing up when I start the vehicle. Any help for this very frustrated lady?
grummyf150
Vehicle: F-150, 5.0L V8, 2015

Post by grummyf150 »

tjtew79 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:57 pm
xzine311 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:39 am
I also can't get mine to work, I have a 2013 Ford Fusion, I have the OBDII reader and Forscan, I DONT have a keyless start, I have a blade key and I have tried just about everything. I don't have the PATs option on forscan, I only have 1 key and the other key which the dealership said they didn't have when we got the car is set to an admin key. I am just sick of it and don't want to spend $300 on a new key that they say has to be totally reprogrammed.

I even tried taking my key apart starting the car without the fob part, with just the blade and trying it the keyless way by walking away from the car, and no go, I tried tin foil as well. The car just tells me no key detected and defaults to MyKey state
Turn key on (No Start)
Connect to car in Forescan (save vehicle profile)
Access IPC Mod Config (As Built)
First back up original module Then
Reprogram the module configuration in IPC Mod (As Built)
Under Mod 720-02-01 Second box of numbers, change the middle two digits ONLY to 20
Write all
The module will rewrite the entire mod
Turn key off and then back to on (No Start)

To verify
Go to ICP Mod Configuration (not as built)
Search using filter MyKey
Ensure all options for My Key are disabled
That completes process

Note: MyKey will no longer be available for the vehicle.
I can confirm tjtew79 approach worked for me when followed per his write-up. MyKey is gone!

I want to add that I used the FORSCAN PRO HS/MS-CAN AUTO SWITCH tool.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G4G4C71/re ... MFbDQ2EPDN

(Windows 10, FORScan v2.3.36 beta). I nearly pulled my hair out, too, because despite the ‘auto-switch’ claim, the tool did not auto-switch and wouldn’t read the IPC modules or any MS-CAN modules.

If using this tool, connect to it a laptop but DO NOT connect it to the vehicle OBDII jack. open FORScan, click the settings icon. Then click on the connection tab. Under ‘ELM327 specific’ change MS-CAN support from ‘Auto’ to ‘RTS relay’. Under ‘J2534 specific’ change MS-CAN support, change from ‘auto’ to ‘dedicated channel’. NOW connect the tool to the vehicle OBDII Jack, then click the “connect” button in the lower left-hand corner of the FORScan app.

The complete list of both HSCAN and MSCAN modules should now populate.

Once the list is populated, click on the ‘Configuration and Programming’ icon. Select ‘IPC Module configuration (AS BUILT format)’.

Press the ‘play/run’ button.

When the warning message pops up, click ‘okay’. Immediately click ‘save all’ and save the As-Built settings/code by naming it “IPC-original” or something similar. After saving the original settings, proceed with reprogramming the IPC.

It will take you to the IPC code screen. Here, follow tjtew79 instructions. “ Under Mod 720-02-01 Second box of numbers, change the middle two digits ONLY to 20
Write all
The module will rewrite the entire mod”

Once completed, cycle the ignition off and back on, and MyKey should be gone.

Big thanks to tjtew79 for the doing all the legwork to figure this MyKey garbage out.

Let me know if this is helpful. I’m going to attempt this same procedure on 10/29/2020 on the mother-in-laws 2012 Ford Edge; I’ll video the process and if it is successful, I’ll post it to YouTube for reference.

Good luck; thanks FORScan Forum!!
Attachments
28CECDD0-E085-4124-B7B2-E089A3F04DEA.jpeg
28CECDD0-E085-4124-B7B2-E089A3F04DEA.jpeg (106.98 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
ramusial
Vehicle: Ford Explorer Sport 2017

Post by ramusial »

It works for me.
Ford Explorer Sport 2017. Just one Non-Admin Key.
Just followed the procedure as explained. Violà!
meatball23
Vehicle: 2017 F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Post by meatball23 »

Worked for me! That MyKey is the worst. Accidentally setup both of my keys as MyKey's after buying my 2017 F150 Lariat.
jjackson4520
Vehicle: F250, 6.7 V8, 2011

Post by jjackson4520 »

When I run the IPC Module Configuration (As Built format) it only brings up 720-01-01 and 720-01-02. Is this possibly because of the age of the vehicle or the capability of the adapter I am using? I am trying to reset the mykey for a 2011 Ford f250. I was able to go into the IPC Module and actually disable mykey but that only disabled the chimes and warnings so the actual radio volume limit and speed limit still exist.
scoobypx07
Vehicle: fiesta 1.0

Post by scoobypx07 »

Doesn’t work just says invalid format when you try to write it , the mykey doesn’t even show up in ipc main ? Any ideas would be appreciated thankyou
rbrfus0321
Vehicle: Ford Fusion 6 speed 1.5L Ecoboost 181 HP 2014

Post by rbrfus0321 »

Hi all,

I have a 2014 Ford Fusion

I was able to disable my key using ELM config adapter. However it's still locked in 80 mph with no alerts. Although the volume limit can be adjusted. So I'm at a stand still and can't figure out why the 80 mph limit won't free up. Is there another module that can disable it.
joecosta
Vehicle: Ford Focus CC

Post by joecosta »

Hello, not worked on 2019 Raptor.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
TAKE CARE.
;o)