IPC Swap on 2015 C-Max

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
cmartino
Vehicle: Ford Galaxy 2016

IPC Swap on 2015 C-Max

Post by cmartino » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi,

I've ordered a new LCD display for my mothers C-Max to replace the old style blue matrix display.

Can someone outline the procedure for programming, I understand that I need to erase all keys, then re-program, however the keys website doesn't support 2015 models, where will I generate a PATS outcode for a 2015 model?

Cheers!

Don Ridley
Vehicle: 2016 Transit Connect

Re: IPC Swap on 2015 C-Max

Post by Don Ridley » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:52 pm

I don't have a C Max, but I thought it is built on the same platform as the Focus. The 2015 focus did not store PATS in the IPC.
The new IPC needs a configuration file for the upgraded display. Usually the file found in a used IPC will work, but you will have to find one if yours is new. You will also have to have the odometer set.

cmartino
Vehicle: Ford Galaxy 2016

Post by cmartino » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:54 pm

Cheers for the reply Don.

That's interesting to know, so no key erasing/re-learning was required for the new IPC? Just configuration file clone?

Don Ridley
Vehicle: 2016 Transit Connect

Post by Don Ridley » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:05 pm

Yes, you do not need to program any keys, But here are some things to research:

1. If the IPC is new from a dealer, will it have the proper firmware (also called calibration)? Forscan can't upload firmware.
2. A used IPC from the same model year will be the best. The firmware will be correct and the configuration may not need any changes. Research IPC configuration files from both types of IPC to see what is different. You will see a set of registers that apply to the color display. I found several others that were different but they did not seem to make any difference when I changed them with the new/salvage IPC. My salvage IPC from the same model year was basically a plug-n-play.
3. You may need to configure the BCM (BdyCM Main) for the color display.
4. See if Forscan can set the odometer in a C Max. This function is not available for all Ford vehicles.

There is a YouTube video of a C-May IPC upgrade.

Good luck. Changing settings in the IPC is safe and should not cause any serious problems do don't be afraid to experiment.