2004 Excursion 6.0 Idle Adjustment

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Andrewvickery1
Vehicle: 04 Excursion 6.0

2004 Excursion 6.0 Idle Adjustment

Post by Andrewvickery1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:25 pm

Hello, I am a seasoned tech ( old school and retired ) and have not had much experience with computer only adjustment stuff. My issue is we have a 04 Excursion 6.0 that has poor coolant circulation threw the heater cores at idle. Living in Alaska this tends to be an issue this time of year. I have performed all the normal procedures to try to remedy this but nothing helps. Coolant flush, thermostat, water pump, heater valve, blend door,bubble test, everything. This truck has had no mods of any kind, at the stock idle, there is little to no coolant flow threw the heater cores ( front or rear ) but when the idle is raised to around 850 rpm it is fine. No overheating issues, tows the boat just fine up the mountains. My question is, how, if possible, do I raise the park/natural idle speed to 850 rpm. I am assuming that when I step on the break or the truck is in gear, the idle would be at the stock 650-700 range but when warming up in the drive the idle would hold at 850 even after it performs it's initial high idle warm up. Any advice for this programming would be greatly appreciated as I have no clue where to start and would hate to mess this computer up.
Thank you