2000 Excursion Under Dash Fuse Panel

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
elkvis
Vehicle: 2000 F250 7.3 4x4 and 2000 Excursion V10 4x4

2000 Excursion Under Dash Fuse Panel

Post by elkvis » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:50 pm

I have a 2000 Excursion, which developed a leaky windshield, in the upper driver-side corner, causing water to affect my under-dash electronics. I've sealed up the windshield, but the resulting electrical problems remain. The fuse block under the driver side dash has substantial corrosion inside, and I need to replace it. I attempted to do so earlier this year, but ended up with a no-start condition, due to PATS failing to recognize the replacement part. Does FORScan have the ability to do the necessary programming to install a replacement fuse block from a donor vehicle, or do I need to go to a shop with Ford's proprietary IDS?

tractmec
Vehicle: Ford F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expedition 5.4 2003

Re: 2000 Excursion Under Dash Fuse Panel

Post by tractmec » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:17 pm

Hi And welcome to the forum elkvis

I am afraid there is no simple answer to your question and I do not have a definitive answer as I am only familiar with the newer 03 Expedition and 05 F150!

The answers will depend on what protocols the modules in your Excursion communicate on and the fact that your Excursion is 2000MY it most likely has a UBP(UART Based Protocol) Bus and that will limit your choice of adapter in Forscan to Ford VCM2 and it's A quality China Clones for full diagnostic and configuration procedures.

Easiest way to check is to look at the Data link connector and see if it has a connector socket in hole number 3 as that is the UBP pin that the adapter communicates with on that particular bus. See the DLC diagram at this link viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4#p4. It is for the HS/MS/CAN modification for ELM327 Adapters but UBP uses the No 3 pin without the No 11 Pin.

If the 2000 Excursion uses the same protocols as my Expedition it will Have SCP (Standard Control Protocol) protocol + on pin 2 and SCP - on pin 10, ISO9141 protocol on pin 7, pins 4&5 are ground pins and pin 16 is 12Volts+power. Pin 13 connects SCP separately to the PCM for pcm programing.

A 2000 Excursion wiring diagram will be helpful and the AS built data from Ford will probably be needed. See this link https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt and have your VIN Number handy.

If Pats is the only issue you are having it was usually in the pcm in these older Fords, and if your red immobilizer light is on top of the dash this is most likely, then an ELM based adapter would probably get PATS going as I have programed keys in both The F150 and the Expedition with an old ELMSCAN5, one of https://www.scantool.net early ELM usb based adapters. It operates similar to their OBDlinkSX https://www.scantool.net/obdlink-sx/ usb adapter but is much easier to install the HS/MS/Can Switch in, unfortunately it is out of production now!

The OBDlinkSX adapter may get the keys recognized at least as it should read and configure on the other protocols in Forscan. I have little confidence in programing with Bluetooth or WIFI Adapters!

Pats programming is covered and discussed in this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=839 and this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1581

I am sorry if this got a little too long and i may have just confused you more?

Hope this is of some little help?

Ted