These are all the modules?

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Derivel
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 1.4i 97bhp 2009

These are all the modules?

Post by Derivel » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi guys,

I have a problem on a 2009 Fiesta. I would like to enable global open / close windows, but DDM and PDM modules don't appear at all.
Then I looked into the problem, and I saw that other people have way more modules.
I have this device from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06XJ6 ... UTF8&psc=1
I use it on a Win10 notebook, with the latest Forscan (2.3.24).

I could already enable cruise control, so it's working, but my module list is VERY small:

I can only edit the IPC, BCM, PSCM and RCP. The rest is "Module Initialization / ReLearn Vehicle Data"
When I start one of these "Module Initialization" modules, it just gives an error message that it failed, and I should contact the software developers.

Is this because my cable doesn't support all modules, or because I don't have those in my car?

denbo
Vehicle: ford focus 16 zetec

Re: These are all the modules?

Post by denbo » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:34 am

Well if you read through as many posts as i do, there is a theme. Win10+cheap interface=disaster.

Derivel

Post by Derivel » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:42 am

denbo wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:34 am
Well if you read through as many posts as i do, there is a theme. Win10+cheap interface=disaster.
Ok, I expected this answer. What device do you recommend? I found some on the Forscan home page, but I heared that nowadays they also have HScan2 and HScan3 modules, and I'm not sure if these can write those.

k5rcd
Vehicle: ford f150 5.0l v8 2018

Post by k5rcd » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:06 pm

It looks from the Amazon page you referenced, that the one you purchased has the necessary MS / HS - CAN switch. Be sure to try it with the switch in both positions. Neither setting alone will show all the modules. The Forscan software will usually prompt you to flip the switch. Also be sure you have downloaded the necessary drivers. The one I bought auto downloaded the necessary drivers on WINDOWS 8.1 It's also possible that you received a cheap Chinese knockoff of the one you intended to purchase.

Here is a link to the one I purchased from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0 ... UTF8&psc=1

I hope this straight forward answer helps you.

Derivel

Post by Derivel » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Yeah, I use the HSCAN / MSCAN switch every time. Without it, I would get only half of the modules of these.
I also got the necessary driver from the manufacturer, without it the Forscan would not recognise it at all.
I will try it with Win 8.1 too, maybe it can solve this. But if not, I will have to get another ELM327.

Edit: yeah, Win 8.1 doesn't give any more options. I have to get a better interface.