2015 Ford Explorer Blindspot module programming

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
vipersyl
Vehicle: Ford Explorer, 3.7, 305hp

2015 Ford Explorer Blindspot module programming

Post by vipersyl » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:20 pm

HELP! I have an issue that I can not seem to figure out. I replaced both blindspot monitor modules and this is what’s going on. The light on both mirrors just stays on. I ran the DTC in forscan and I get a code in the IPC for the rear gate module (I don’t have power liftgate) I also get two codes for the SODR & SODL which are blindspot modules left and right. I can not enable or disable blindspot and or cross traffic on the dash. The box in unchecked and I can not check it. I read somewhere that the vehicles VIN number need to be programmed in the modules, is that true? Can anyone help me with this issue? Does anyone know what I need to do?

michealmyers99
Vehicle: 2015 Expedition

Re: 2015 Ford Explorer Blindspot module programming

Post by michealmyers99 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:26 pm

I'm looking for info on this also.

I have a similar problem to yours.......started getting blind spot and cross traffic errors on the display and it looked like the right drivers side module. I replaced it and it appears to work, but i still get the display errors and now the passenger side mirror has the blind spot light on. I was told also that they need to be programmed to the vehicle also. I dropped it off at the dealer, but haven't heard back yet.