Focus Cmax EPB removal - IC as built values

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Schnazel
Vehicle: Ford focus cmax

Focus Cmax EPB removal - IC as built values

Post by Schnazel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Hello!
I got a problem with the EPB warning in the dashboard of my cmax.
I'am currently covnerting the car to a manual handbrake, the brake cables are going to be installed the next days.

I planned on removing the epb error today, but didnt succeed.

For information: its a 05 ford focus cmax.

I a a total EPB failure message in the dashboard screen. I have an elm device with can switch. I started up forscan, did all the necessary procedures and switches the epb in the abs module to disabled and not installed.

I then went to the dect field and deleted the error code for the ABS module connected with the epb error.

Unfortunately the error shows up still, when I start the car and turn the ignition, the warning lamp is still glowing.
When I reinistialize forscan and scan for errors, there are no more errors present in the dect category.

Could enayone offer me some help on this please?
Thanks in advance,
regards,
marcel
Last edited by Schnazel on Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Schnazel
Vehicle: Ford focus cmax

Re: Focus Cmax EPB removal

Post by Schnazel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm

I found that theres another IC Error, but that one returns, when I restart the car. Any suggestions?

Edit:
does someone have a list for the 05 focus cmax mtx75 2.0l Petrol of the asbuilt codes of the instrument panel?

denbo
Vehicle: ford focus 16 zetec

Re: Focus Cmax EPB removal - IC as built values

Post by denbo » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:39 am

You might have to delete the epb in more than one module. Never done this but on citroen i did it in more than one module. If my memory serves me right, it was the instrument cluster.