Other Ford Models build code crossover

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
theandies
Vehicle: 2015 Ford Explorer, 2016 Ford Fusion

Other Ford Models build code crossover

Post by theandies » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Anyone have any success using codes from one model on another model? Example: Do any codes for a Taurus crossover to a Fusion? F150 to F250 etc? If so it would be nice of us as a community to compile a list that can be used for different models if they are the same and expand our possibilities.

Don Ridley
Vehicle: 2016 Transit Connect

Re: Other Ford Models build code crossover

Post by Don Ridley » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:16 pm

Nice idea, but there are too many variants for this to be useful. Programming changes by model year. Some programming is country specific. In general, only vehicles that share platforms (e.g. Focus and Transit Connect) have any chance of being compatible.

theandies
Vehicle: 2015 Ford Explorer, 2016 Ford Fusion

Post by theandies » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:41 pm

I'm just saying if you've tried the same code on another model and it works post it. The post can include model years etc. and the typical disclaimer that it may or may not work on other model years etc.

organicrobot
Vehicle: Fusion, Energi, 2016

Post by organicrobot » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:01 pm

After using Forscan on my Fusion, my wife's C-Max, and my father's F-150, there are several codes that cross over between models. It's mostly the generic ones (adjust maps while in motion, change power point time out, number of quick blinker flashes...). The best thing to do is to view the master spreadsheet and skim through and try things that may interest you.

Don Ridley
Vehicle: 2016 Transit Connect

Post by Don Ridley » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:58 pm

That's a good point. You will find that the ancillary modules (ACM, APIM etc) are very similar across vehicle models. The main modules (BCM, PCM etc) are much more vehicle specific.