Need help with 2011 Fusion OEM Sony sound system

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
2vulgar
Vehicle: 2011 Ford Fusion SEL 3.0L v6

Need help with 2011 Fusion OEM Sony sound system

Post by 2vulgar » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:14 pm

Hello, I've been searching high and low for a solution to my issue, but can not find any. I have a 2011 Ford Fusion SEL v6 with the 10 speaker Sony amplified sound system. I have swapped out the factory door speakers with some Kenwood KFC-D681C's and disconnected and removed the front and rear center channel. After doing this, the sound quality improved quite a bit, however when I turn the volume up to about 75% or higher, I can hear the system go into protection mode, and it flutters the volume because of bass/midbass protection. The new speakers can and will handle the bass better than the oem speakers, so I need to find a way to tell the Sony amplifier to not use it's bass protection.

I read on a forum somewhere (don't remember if it was a FORScan or Fusion forum) that there is an option to disable this feature, but I can not find that post anywhere now. (I did the search a few months ago, before I swapped out the speakers)

There is a post on a Fusion forum that has a spreadsheet of a lot of FORScan settings for the Fusion, but it is on the 2nd gen fusion, and his notes all say 2013 and up... I have a 2011 and I don't know if his settings will work on my car. Also, there is nothing about bass protection on that spreadsheet.

If anyone here has disabled the bass protection/distortion protection on a 1st or 1.5 gen Fusion using FORScan, please let me know how to do it.

twisterrescue
Vehicle: 2003escapeltd

Re: Need help with 2011 Fusion OEM Sony sound system

Post by twisterrescue » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:39 am

look in acm module programming .try to disable SONY .it brings the acm power output way down .but be careful it may way overdrive the amp.