No
No votes

Total votes: 4

sanchezadann
Vehicle: 2014 Ford F150 3.7L V6 Flexfuel

DISABLING MYKEY (EASIEST WAY 15 MIN) *JULY 2019*

Post by sanchezadann » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:59 am

----THIS WAS DONE ON A 2014 Ford F150 3.7L V6----
I'm sure it's the same with other Ford vehicles. This is LITERALLY what dealerships or other companies would do to remove mykey. They would make you buy a blank key, cut it, program it, and remove mykey with the new key from the settings. You don't need an "admin" key. All you need to do is program a new key and use that key to clear all mykeys

To all those that have only 1 original key and has "MYKEY" enabled.
-Speed is limited to 80mph
-Volume is limited to 14
-Radio stations are blocked
-Radio cuts off if seat belt is not on

I wasn't able to find any bit of information on how to properly disable mykey so I decided to write this post for anyone in need that is having the same issue I was having. It sucked. You DON"T have to pay out HUNDREDS of dollars to Ford dealership or other companies. This took me literally 15 min (including the 10 min security clearance wait time which you'll read about more down the post).
It's really simple to remove. All you need are the following items:

1)Laptop with Windows (preferably latest version)
2)Download the latest version of FORSCAN ( 1 year license $10 or you can get the 2 month free trial)
3)Blank transponder key that is already cut ( Purchased this key on Amazon for $20.00
and got it cut at a store called Liberty Lock & Safe for $4.00 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XS ... UTF8&psc=1 )
3)Bluetooth OBD II ( This is the one I used, cost $10.00 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Kitbest-Bluetoot ... ve&sr=1-16 )

Total coast: $34.00 - $44.00 (If you decide to purchase the 1 year license)

After you have everything listed, begin by connecting the OBD II to your vehicle and connect your laptop to it.

Open FORSCAN and on the bottom left of the program you should see something that looks like a connection (if you put your mouse over it it"ll say "Connect to vehicle"). Click on that and answer the questions it asks about your vehicle. You'll know its complete once it stops loading information on the program and the screen stays still.

After that is complete, on the left had side you'll see 8 big pictures. Click on the wrench (It will say "Service Functions" if you put your mouse over it).

Click on "BdyCM PATS programming" and on the bottom left click on the play icon and hit "ok". Make sure your PROGRAMMED key is in the ignition and set to ON but do not have the vehicle running, then hit "ok" again. Leave the key as is. Do not turn it off the vehicle or remove the key.

Once inside the PATS, you are going to click on "Ignition Key Programming". After that it will tell you set ignition to off position, remove current programmed key, insert new UNPROGRAMMED key into the ignition, and set it to the on position. Again, DO NOT turn key all the way that it turns on the vehicle. It is crucial that the engine remains off. You are only going as far as turning on the electrical system of the vehicle (right before it turns over to start the engine)

Once the above step is completed, the program will have to do a security check which will take appx. 10 min (could take a little more or a little less). Once complete your new key will be programmed the system will ask you to cycle your key (turn completely off then back to the "ON" position) then it will tell you to turn engine on (REMINDER: this is all being done with new key).

Now that you have your new key programmed and the vehicle on from the previous step, go to your settings on your dash, then scroll down to "MYKEY" and clear all mykeys. This will clear all programmed keys that have MYKEY enabled.

Essentially all you're doing is adding a new programmed key into the vehicle PATS system. In my situation, when I purchased my F150 I only received 1 key form the dealership. The key I received was an admin key but since you can't disable mykey from the same key (If you were able to it would be totally pointless) and I only had 1 key, I was shit out of luck until I figured this out. This is literally what dealerships do when you go to them with this problem. I looked over a bunch of forums, viewed a lot of videos, and none of them were helpful at all. From what I could tell, this is the ONLY way of doing it yourself.

-ADAN
Last edited by sanchezadann on Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

scooterjames1
Vehicle: 2014 Ford F150

Re: DISABLING MYKEY (EASIEST WAY 15 MIN) *JULY 2019*

Post by scooterjames1 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:55 pm

IT WORKS!!! I accidentally turned on the stupid MyKey feature and only had one key so I couldn't change it. I researched endlessly for the last month and want able to fix it. The cheapest price i found was $160 at Batteries Plus. I used your exact method on my 2014 F150 and it cost me $18 for a wired OBD2 reader, $12 for an uncut key, $4 for a cut at Ace Hardware, and $10 for a one year Forscan subscription. Only took 15 minutes and a total of $44!!! Now I have an OBD reader and a Forscan subscription too! Thank you so much for sharing!

sanchezadann

Post by sanchezadann » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:34 pm

Glad it worked!!! Hopefully the hundreds of people that are in the same situation come across my post!

CalgaryBased
Vehicle: 2014 Ford Focus SE

Post by CalgaryBased » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:02 am

Hi, the Amazon links aren't working. Please double check ... thanks.

sanchezadann

Post by sanchezadann » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:31 am

CalgaryBased wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:02 am
Hi, the Amazon links aren't working. Please double check ... thanks.
Noted and updated, thank you for letting me know. I will also post the Amazon links on this reply. This is what I used, any transmitter key will work, it doesn't have to have the remote buttons. Just my preference. Same thing with the ODB 2. Any OBD 2 that has bluetooth connectivity or has a usb to connect to laptop with work just fine.

Car Key Fob (I used the one with 3 options; unlock, lock, and alarm horn) : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XS36BRK/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Kitbest OBD II Bluetooth Scanner : https://www.amazon.com/Kitbest-Bluetoot ... ve&sr=1-16

Neena
Vehicle: 2014 Ford F-150, 5.0 L v8

Post by Neena » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:38 am

I have a 2014 Ford F-150. I have 0 my keys programmed and 1 admin key and an extra key. I have a starting system fault and cannot start my vehicle with either key. FORScan picked up 2 errors under BCM, PATS key less than minimum programmed and PATS target identifier. I have tried the reset steps and it is not clearing the errors. Any help anyone or suggestions?
Dealership said to bring it in because the keys have lost programming, however I live in a very remote area where it is only accessible to drive out of town in the winter only. By plane otherwise and I cannot ship my truck by plane 😂.
I’ve searched endlessly online and came across this forscan in hopes it will help, I am still in hopes it will or anyone to help with my problem???
I have not been able to start and use my truck in 8 months 😭.
All other possible mechanical and electrical have been thoroughly checked on the truck and it is just this 😬 key 🔑 issue.

mckayc
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Focus

Post by mckayc » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:41 pm

BOOM! Thank you SO much Adan. Not sure why this post is a bit hidden in Google because it is the best post for programming a Ford Focus key. I followed your directions last night for my Ford Focus key and it WORKED! One minor difference. On the step for "Ignition Key Programming" it kept on saying I had to insert my master key. Don't know why my working key was not my master key but anyhow I did the option for clearing keys (super scary to do by the way) and it worked!

I know have two working remotes and the ridiculous MyKey is cleared and I can finally hear my podcasts again. I hope the Amazon links you posted are affiliate links because I definitely used them.

kzimmerm
Vehicle: fusion gas 1.5 2016

Post by kzimmerm » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:44 am

2016 fusion doesn’t give me the BCM PATS OPTION? v2.3.24

aambuh23
Vehicle: Ford Explorer, 3.5L/v6, 2017

Post by aambuh23 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:58 pm

Easiest way to disable MYKEY with only 1 key and FORScan. I made a video (super not fancy) but it worked! Basically go to the IPC (as built) code 720 02 01 and change 1234 1xx4 123... to 1234 1*20*4 123...

Then, go to IPC (not as built), where it says “filter” type in “my” and all MyKey features are there! Disable them all if they aren’t already disabled!

https://youtu.be/K23bnHK34i8

sanchezadann

Post by sanchezadann » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:30 am

aambuh23 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:58 pm
Easiest way to disable MYKEY with only 1 key and FORScan. I made a video (super not fancy) but it worked! Basically go to the IPC (as built) code 720 02 01 and change 1234 1xx4 123... to 1234 1*20*4 123...

Then, go to IPC (not as built), where it says “filter” type in “my” and all MyKey features are there! Disable them all if they aren’t already disabled!

https://youtu.be/K23bnHK34i8
Technically you didn’t disable it. You did disable SOME THINGS but as far as your speed, it’s still limited to 80mph. I did something like that (without going into the AS BUILT’S) and realized it didn’t actually remove MyKey, until I did what I wrote on the post. And also be very very carful when changing numbers in the AS BUILT because you can very easily damage your car computer