2007 F150 Only let's me in abs and ic.

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
PaPawsProjects
Vehicle: F150, 4.2, 2007

2007 F150 Only let's me in abs and ic.

Post by PaPawsProjects »

Brand new to forscan. Bought usb elm327 with hs/ms switch. Bought extended license. Wanted to start off slow with tire size, and seatbelt minder.
Abs gives me 6 lines of blocks, and ic I think only had 2 lines.
I know this truck is older so limited on options but I would think I should be able to go into pcm...
Am I wrong?
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks!

PaPaw.
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Re: 2007 F150 Only let's me in abs and ic.

Post by tractmec »

PaPawsProjects wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:11 pm
Brand new to forscan. Bought usb elm327 with hs/ms switch. Bought extended license. Wanted to start off slow with tire size, and seatbelt minder.
Abs gives me 6 lines of blocks, and ic I think only had 2 lines.
I know this truck is older so limited on options but I would think I should be able to go into pcm...
Am I wrong?
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks!

PaPaw.
With the Manual switched ELM327 Adapter(The switch must stay in HSCAN and Does not provide any other function with this vehicle as there is no MSCAN Network and I assume that you have obtained this on amazon or ebay), you will be quite limited with this vehicle!

And yes you are wrong as far as the PCM is concerned and this has been addressed by FORScan And by myself, elsewhere on the Forum!
More on that below.

You should have also have seen at least the RCM and PAM(if equipped) on the ISO network! If not then you have probably got one of the poor adapters that does not even support these older protocols(FORScan is having [ Illegal use of FORScan And FORScan PRO Trademark] a legal fight with at least one of the manufactures of these)!
Some of these So called ELM327 adapters(manual and auto switched) coming out of China have been conveniently omitting support for these older protocols(PWM up to about 2004 and ISO up to about 2009)!

The PCM on earlier vehicles, some up to about 2018, is only accessible with an FEPS capable adapter(18 volt programming signal on DLC pin 13)(vGate vLinkerFS{the only so far known FEPS capable FTDI/ELM327 based adapter} or a Ford VCM2 or a J2534-2 Passthru adapter)!
The tire size configuration field is in the PCM VIN ID block and can only be opened with an FEPS capable adapter as mentioned earlier!

FORScan has not yet enabled this ability in FORScan Version 2.4.6 with any FEPS PCM's older that 2009 Model Year to date!

There is another Network called UBP(UART Based Protocol DLC pin 3) that is only accessible with a FORD VCM2 in FORScan or in IDS! It is not readable or accessible with any FTDI/ELM327 Based adapter(FORScan Tried to make them work) and only with a small number of J2534-2 Passthru adapters!

This UART BASED PROTOCOL network contains the Vehicle Security Module(all lock, door ajar and RKE functions) EHVAC and Drivers seat(If equipped with electronic controlled heating and AC and memory seat and mirrors)!

The majority of those six blocks in the ABS are encoding the trucks VIN number (there may be a non AsBuilt Configuration entry to enable IVD(Interactive Vehicle Dynamics{Electronic controlled stability or skid control and must have additional supporting hardware] or ABS only) and possible
Hill Descent Control"(usually only in Trucks with Automatic Transmissions)!

Two lines in the IPC would be about normal for this Model Year! My 2003 Expedition and 2005 F150 only have one line! I have nothing except Belt minder and TPMS Enabled, Turned Off or "Not equipped" settings in the EXPY(No other AsBuilt is known)!
Most of the known ASBuilt in the F150(with As-built Hacker and As-built Compare software, do a search on the forum and in Google) are set to "Unknown Vehicle Value" for setting a function that is not present or configurable in this vehicle! Basically disables a function without triggering a U code DTC

The Passenger and Drivers Belt minders should be an entry in the Non AsBuilt IPC configuration. at least there is an entry for enabling/disabling at least the Drivers Belt Minder in both my 2003 and 2005 vehicles!

There is very little that is customer or known configurable in Pre2010 Model Year vehicles!

I hope this helps?
Do not PM me unless I expressly ask you to for a consultation!! I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!
PaPawsProjects
Vehicle: F150, 4.2, 2007

Re: 2007 F150 Only let's me in abs and ic.

Post by PaPawsProjects »

Thank you for the reply! You have given me a lot better picture of what I have to work with.
I will look again when I get a chance to hook it back up.
If I remember correctly I did have abs(as built), IC (as built), and IC (not as built).
Plus yes it did show RCM. I think it said on ISO...
I posted on the autel forum that I was trying to change tire size and a couple people gave me crap for paying $3,700 when I could do it for $20 with forscan so I tried it.
I didn't buy the autel just for tires size. I'm disabled and just wanted to learn something new.
I was hoping to disable belt minders, tire size is no biggie since someone before I got the truck just adjusted the speedometer needle to compensate, and wanted to disable tpms since the truck has no tire sensors.
Haven't found a spreadsheet for it yet but I'll keep looking.
I've got nothing but time... lol.
Thank you!

PaPaw...