Sync 3 Swap Issues

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Blackshadow610
Vehicle: 17 Mustang Gt

Sync 3 Swap Issues

Post by Blackshadow610 »

Hey guys I’m having some issues after a base sync to sync 3 swap. I used a plug and play harness (cheap could be the issue) but I bypassed the harness that gues to the bezel (17 Mustang Gt) because it wouldn’t work with it plugged in. Other than that I’m using the harness. It works almost 100% but I have a few small issues. It says the usb is unsupported, I’m sure that’s a programming issue. The really annoying issues are these: when I hit the sync button on the steering where there is no voice to say a command but it will respond to commands. The microphone works, I can make calls on Bluetooth but it won’t stream through the car speakers. When streaming music through either Bluetooth or the USB port it will play on the screen but there’s no sound no matter what I do. Since everything else is functional I’m willing to bet it’s a software issue. I looked up the issue and I found a thread saying to change a character

viewtopic.php?t=16841&p=58648

I had a D as the first character so I changed it to a 9. Still nothing. I bought the sync 3 kit a while back off of eBay so I can’t even get a vin to see what the build data is on the sync 3 car was. Does anyone have any clue what the issue could be? I’ve already tried a soft and master reset to no avail.
Blackshadow610
Vehicle: 17 Mustang Gt

Re: Sync 3 Swap Issues

Post by Blackshadow610 »

I just wanted to follow up, I bought another harness which was pretty much the same but a little cheaper. I had to hook it up the same way as the inline harness to the bezel didn’t fit. Even so, when I bypassed that connector and connected everything else in it worked as it should. Bluetooth works and sync has a voice again. Perhaps the other harness was wired incorrectly I’m not sure. Ironic how an even cheaper harness fixed the issue.
Gestanley
Vehicle: 2017 Ford Mustang GT 5.0L 435hp

Re: Sync 3 Swap Issues

Post by Gestanley »

Hi, I am having the same issue! Everything shows up on the screen music playing but no sound, when making a phone call it says listening for prompt but can not here me, and caller cant hear me unless i disconnect my phone from the unit. Can you tell me what harness you bought that worked?? My car is a 2018 mustang gt. I also bought the cheap harness off Ebay from PerformanceUS.