Any way to find out the latest calibration level for any Ford/Lincoln vehicle?

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Andy loves Explorer
Vehicle: Ford Explorer, 3.5 Ti-VCT, 2014

Any way to find out the latest calibration level for any Ford/Lincoln vehicle?

Post by Andy loves Explorer »

Hey Guys,

My vehicle is a 2014 Ford Explorer 3.5NA Limited. For some reason my vehicle (as well as some other 2014/2015 MY Ford Explorers) don't have Climate control function on the right IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster) panel.

I've learned from the Explorer As-Built Spreadsheet (https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0yl-Fqa3 ... er_11-23MY) that the As-Built line 720-01-03 could be modified to FC27 to enable climate control in the right IPC panel.

However, the AB line 720-01-03 of my vehicle is already FC27.

I looked up some used 2013 and 2014 MY Ford Explorer (with Climate Control in IPCs) in Cars.com and downloaded their As-Built files through VINs. Then I load their AB file and that of my vehicle into As Built Explorer (http://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_A ... mpare.aspx) and find out that The Part Number and Calibration Level are completely different.

Does anyone have any idea how to activate/enable Climate Control on my 2014 Ford Explorer?

Or is there any way to find out the latest calibration level for any Ford/Lincoln vehicle by VIN, so that I can find the latest calibration level of those Explorers with Climate Control in right IPC panel?

Thank you!

Andy Woo
Ford Explorer Fan from Shanghai, China
RazorCrest
Vehicle: Focus 2.0 Ti-Vct, 2017

Re: Any way to find out the latest calibration level for any Ford/Lincoln vehicle?

Post by RazorCrest »

Found anything yet?
Don Ridley
Vehicle: 2016 Transit Connect

Re: Any way to find out the latest calibration level for any Ford/Lincoln vehicle?

Post by Don Ridley »

Use the Motorcraft website to get the asbuilt file from the VIN.

Use Asbuilt Explorer to read data and also show calibration level.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4393