How to activate Sync 3 video input

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
ghiamkiii
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo MK5 Tdci 180hp 2015

How to activate Sync 3 video input

Post by ghiamkiii »

I am working on a front camera on Sync 3 module on my Mondeo MK5.
When you switch into Rear gear, the rear view camera is shown on the screen, when you switch to neutral, you see the normal Sync screen again.
What command must be send to the Sync3 (APIM) to switch to its video input (pin 14,15) and back ?
consp
Vehicle: Fiesta 125hp 2017 (My13.25 Mk7.5, With EU Sync3)

Re: How to activate Sync 3 video input

Post by consp »

You have two options: Emulate the rear gear selection signal (my guess is a bad idea as it will mess up more) or figure out the button on the screen. I cannot test it for you but there is a setting in the 7D0-02 block which enables the "soft buttons" for multi camera mode which might help you.

These are all the camera settings in the 7D0-02 block, in my case they are all disabled. They are the last 4 bits of the 3rd byte. Changing the multi-camera mode to 1 might help:

Code: Select all

Multi Camera Strategy: ............................................................................. 7D0-02-02 nnnn nXnn nn ....0... 
     >>    00:  Hard Button Camera Toggle
           01:  Soft Button Camera Toggle
Trailer Reverse Guidance: .......................................................................... 7D0-02-02 nnnn nXnn nn .....0.. 
     >>    00:  Disabled
           01:  Enabled
CHMSL Camera: ...................................................................................... 7D0-02-02 nnnn nXnn nn ......0. 
Aux Camera: ........................................................................................ 7D0-02-02 nnnn nXnn nn .......0 

CommaL
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 2018 1.5 Dizel

Post by CommaL »

consp wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:36 pm
You have two options: Emulate the rear gear selection signal (my guess is a bad idea as it will mess up more) or figure out the button on the screen. I cannot test it for you but there is a setting in the 7D0-02 block which enables the "soft buttons" for multi camera mode which might help you.

These are all the camera settings in the 7D0-02 block, in my case they are all disabled. They are the last 4 bits of the 3rd byte. Changing the multi-camera mode to 1 might help:

Code: Select all

Multi Camera Strategy: ............................................................................. 7D0-02-02 nnnn nXnn nn ....0... 
     >>    00:  Hard Button Camera Toggle
           01:  Soft Button Camera Toggle
Trailer Reverse Guidance: .......................................................................... 7D0-02-02 nnnn nXnn nn .....0.. 
CHMSL Camera: ...................................................................................... 7D0-02-02 nnnn nXnn nn ......0. 
Aux Camera: ........................................................................................ 7D0-02-02 nnnn nXnn nn .......0 

hello code screen which software is running
Ghano38
Vehicle: Ford c max

Post by Ghano38 »

You can also add an adequate kit to have video like this one:https:
//www.ebay.com/itm/Videomodul-2xVideo-Rea ... 3457512009
ghiamkiii
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo MK5 Tdci 180hp 2015

Post by ghiamkiii »

What is the CAN-BUS ID of the APIM module ?
What is the CAN-BUS ID of the 6 speed manual gearbox ?

I want to know what CAN-BUS message i have to sent to the APIM to enable the video input and how to read when the gearbox is in de reverse gear.
consp
Vehicle: Fiesta 125hp 2017 (My13.25 Mk7.5, With EU Sync3)

Post by consp »

ghiamkiii wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:13 pm
What is the CAN-BUS ID of the APIM module ?
What is the CAN-BUS ID of the 6 speed manual gearbox ?
The APIM does not have a single ID.
There are many message IDs most of which are undocumented. You can look into the DBC libraries https://github.com/commaai/opendbc to get some idea but depending on your configuration this might/might not apply.

Also, in most cars the reverse gear switch is wired to the BCM, not the transmission system.
uneasy
Vehicle: Mondeo MK5 2015

Post by uneasy »

Dod you get anywhere with that ?