Pats parameter reset

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
wefixcars
Vehicle: 2003 ford crown vic P71

Pats parameter reset

Post by wefixcars »

Hi have 2013 f150 3.7 that needed a new PCM. I replaced the PCM and Programed it no problem. Had code P161A Pats parameter reset. When I go to enter pats security access to reset it says " Unable to enter security access when perimeter alarm is active and boots me out!
I enter BCM perimeter alarm data and the the only thing is the Alarm event 1 is "stating Post Crash event". All door and hood switches are closed and battery voltage 13.7 v ( a programing power supply is on the battery). No BCM codes or other codes in the rest of the modules. I reprogramed BCM, IPC and PCM A few times to no avail. The truck has factory panels because ford vin labels are on them and they match the trucks vin. Don't see any damage that would have deployed air bags and customer has stated truck was not in a accident and he bought it new. Has anyone run into this and how do I erase post crash alert from perimeter alarm? I tried battery disconnect left it overnight and tried again to no avail. A shop friend came with Ford IDS and same problem! He has never seen it either.
f-wolf
Vehicle: *** Ford ***

Re: Pats parameter reset

Post by f-wolf »

wefixcars wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:03 pm
Hi have 2013 f150 3.7 that needed a new PCM. I replaced the PCM and Programed it no problem. Had code P161A Pats parameter reset. When I go to enter pats security access to reset it says " Unable to enter security access when perimeter alarm is active and boots me out!
I enter BCM perimeter alarm data and the the only thing is the Alarm event 1 is "stating Post Crash event". All door and hood switches are closed and battery voltage 13.7 v ( a programing power supply is on the battery). No BCM codes or other codes in the rest of the modules. I reprogramed BCM, IPC and PCM A few times to no avail. The truck has factory panels because ford vin labels are on them and they match the trucks vin. Don't see any damage that would have deployed air bags and customer has stated truck was not in a accident and he bought it new. Has anyone run into this and how do I erase post crash alert from perimeter alarm? I tried battery disconnect left it overnight and tried again to no avail. A shop friend came with Ford IDS and same problem! He has never seen it either.
Have a read here : https://wh2kwcoqpe3ay6wb3tnxavix-wpeng ... stem.pdf
wefixcars

Post by wefixcars »

Hi I have that chart and newer ones. See chart below for truck year 2013 and it is Procedure PATS #4! Put a new PCM in truck and programed it.( No 3 COP driver failed). I have 6 new plugs,6 Ford coils and new PCM in truck now. Only code left after programing is P161A (PATS -PCM mismatch). The repair is to do a PATS security parameter reset. Too do this you have to enter PATS security access mode and wait ten minutes.

When I go to enter Security mode for Parameter reset It states "Unable to access security mode when perimeter alarm is active" It boots me out if I try to access security mode!! The Anti-theft perimeter alarm is in the BCM and the BCM has no codes in it. The only clue is in the perimeter security data PID link. When I look at the PIDS all door, hood switches are ok. But alarm event mode one (there is four memory PIDS for events) Reads "Post crash event". I can't erase it! It is there after "hard reset" and two reprograming attempts on BCM. One as replacement module, and one as "as built data".

My next thing is to replace the BCM! But would really like to know what is really happening before I do. The truck has a feature called "Post Crash Alert" that works when air bag deployment. It turns on hazard lights and sounds horn every 4 seconds. That is not happening now! Thats as close as I can get to Post Crash Event on the BCM. This truck is factory fresh and never been in an accident, one owner! Even Ford IDS could not get in!

Has anyone seen this when trying to get into PATS security mode?

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/ford ... d_2013.pdf
wefixcars

Post by wefixcars »

Update I replaced BCM, programed it and Post Crash Event was gone. I was able to get into PATS and do a parameter reset. I also had to reprogram the keys the customer had. The truck is back on the road. Right after I gave the truck back to the customer, My shop friend with IDS called me after he spoke with Ford tech help line. They did not know why the BCM would have that in it! But they told him when the perimeter alarm stops you from entering PATS security mode, do the following. Leaving the key on enter pats security mode wait the ten minutes and when it goes back to enter security mode screen do it again but don't shut the key off!! It takes 4 times and on the forth time you will be able to get in. 40 minute wait time. I have the old BCM and the next time the customer comes in I might put it in and see if that works. If it does I will come back and tell you. Thanks for the help you gave.