Can I program Ford Intelligent Access (IA) Fobs?

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
mmbaydoun
Vehicle: Ford Escape

Re: Can I program Ford Intelligent Access (IA) Fobs?

Post by mmbaydoun »

Sorry that was a typo, thanks.
Nghia.lam
Vehicle: Ford Focus S

Post by Nghia.lam »

mmbaydoun wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:10 am
Hi,
Back Again since my last post!
Finally, After being notified that the ELM327 cable would not suffice :( , I took the chance & ended up buying the new OBDLinkES cable recommended by the Forscan Team to program the 2013-2016 Ford NA Escape IA Fobs. OBDLinkES Cable was able to connect to HS and MS CAN Busses and communicate properly. Also, decided to Erase all of the Old FOB ID's and Program 2 new/used (OEM) ones (CJ5T-15K601-Dx) must be present, otherwise just add the new spare key.

Here are the pictures,
Note: it took 10mins for Security Access, ~10mins to Erase the keys + 10 mins for another Secuity access, + few mins program the 1st key. another ~10mins security access + another few mins to program/add the 2nd key = Success after about 45 mins (being Careful) to program the IA FOBS. Its best to keep the laptop plugged in, and not go to sleep, have patience.

:)
Thanks for sharing,
Would you mind to share me the instruction? I am going to program the IA for my Focus MK3 2018
Thanks
mmbaydoun
Vehicle: Ford Escape

Post by mmbaydoun »

Hi,

I do not login often, or have any specific instructions and i am not a specialized locksmith: Are you planning to add one key or erase previous (which you must have two valid keys, same OEM type recommended)?

Please see pictures in the post ( you can follow the data log): I pointed out some previous tips in the text below:

Here are the pictures,
Note: it took 10mins for Security Access, ~10mins to Erase the keys + 10 mins for another Secuity access, + few mins program the 1st key. another ~10mins security access + another few mins to program/add the 2nd key = Success after about 45 mins (being Careful) to program the IA FOBS. Its best to keep the laptop plugged in, and not go to sleep, have patience.
[/b][/b]

If your adding just one key........... DO-NOT Erase previous key(s). After gaining security, you will be granted the option to add a spare key, it will acknowledge if successful, and/or may fail if the key is not authentic or for that specific vehicle/model year. Make sure two are at least programmed to the vehicle first before trying performing an any erase command if you planning on it........... thats why it took so much time.

Hope this helps!
kasputis
Vehicle: Focus BEV 107kw 2014

Post by kasputis »

I get exactly same sequence in my focus electric 2014. How to know if chinese transponder is bad and how to know what transponder i need?
md_sa wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:16 pm
rbwalter72 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:22 pm
We bought a 2014 Ford Focus Titanium with RKE that only came with one IA key fob and I would like to have a spare. As I understand it, this is possible with Forscan. I bought this key off of Amazon. I made sure the number (CJ5T-15K601-DX) matched my working OEM key. Also, I got an OBlink EX OBD inferface for the computer.

Everything looks good when I start the computer:

When I run the service procedure to program a new key, this dialog box pops up at around 55% of the progress bar:

I put the key into what I assume is the programming slot:

Then I click "ok" to resume programming and after a few seconds this appears:

Any help with this would be *very much* appreciated.
Good Luck, I have the same results with my 2014 Escape. The instructions seem to be a secret! I'm on my third OBD2 interface (OBlink EX) and second set of keys!
I get exactly same sequence in my focus electric 2014. How to know if chinese transponder is bad and how to know what transponder i need?
Esti14
Vehicle: Escape, I4 2.0 L/240 hp, 2014

Post by Esti14 »

I have a 2014 Escape Titanium purchased in Canada.
I have two IA fobs but only one works reliably. The other has worked intermittently but now the system does not recognise it unless held in the steering column slot.
Is there a method to test the fob function or transmitter using FORScan?
If the fob transmitter is dead can it be used to add a new fob using the steering column slot with FORScan?
Thank you.
rbwalter72
Vehicle: 2009 Focus SE & 2014 Focus Titanium

Post by rbwalter72 »

kasputis wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:11 pm
I bought an official Strattec key and it still doesn't work. I just don't think it's possible to program additional keys with only one working IA key.
davetcollection
Vehicle: Focus 2017 ST-Line 1.0 Auto 6F15

Post by davetcollection »

I have a Focus MK2.5 2011 Titanium (UK) with keyless start and entry (Passive) but the remotes (both) have stopped working for some reason so can only gain entry to vehicle and lock with the door handles. Both batteries replaced
Car starts OK.

Can someone guide me through reprogramming the remotes only please?

I've had a look and I'm scared it will erase both keys and the car won't start.

I have full paid access, Forscan 2.4.3 and OBDLink EX

TIA