Service procedure has been interrupted

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
bbukovec
Vehicle: Ford tourneo custom

Service procedure has been interrupted

Post by bbukovec »

I have Ford Tourneo Custom 2019 and OBDLink EX adaptor.

"Normal English" configuration (not as build) is working well.
However, when I am trying to write AS-build changes (IPMA specificaly) I always get error "Service procedure has been interrupted".

Is this a forscan problem and it is expected to be resolved in some future versions? Or it is adaptor OBDLink EX problem and I have to get another adaptor?

Benjamin
cdavidson012
Vehicle: 2020 Ford Transit Connect XL LWB 2.0L

Re: Service procedure has been interrupted

Post by cdavidson012 »

I'm also having the same problem while trying to enable auto high beam - glad to know it's not just me lol. 2020MY Transit Connect using the OBDLinkEX (USB). Tried both COM and FTDI and even some suggested tweaks. No dice, unfortunately.
bbukovec
Vehicle: Ford tourneo custom

Post by bbukovec »

Problem solved with last forscan Version
witnlyn
Vehicle: Mustang,5.0L, 1999

Post by witnlyn »

have same message when trying to make a change to apim. I am using a older elm327 with hs/ms switch and version 2.3.41 that i just downloaded wondering if I need to uninstall and reload or get new obdlink ex
Juice
Vehicle: 2007 Mustang, Coyote, MagnumXL 6spd, 404RWHP/393TQ

Post by Juice »

I had "service procedure interrupted", AND "this adapter has known issues" messages yesterday while working on my car.
I don't think the issue lies with the version of Forscan (i have many versions saved, as some have functions that aren't there in later versions)
Two things I noticed: low battery voltage may have an impact and cause one or the other, or both. My cheap lighter socket volt meter was reading 11.8v at the time. I let the tender bring it up to 12v and no more issues. (took some time to get the PSCM programming figured out lol)
Exiting and restarting Forscan worked for "service procedure interrupted" and was able to complete the programming changes I wanted. I believe after running one service procedure, I could not run a second/different procedure unless shut down and restarted Forscan.
Observational only, no hard proof other than "got the job done".