Can I program Ford Intelligent Access (IA) Fobs?

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Joemamma1954
Vehicle: Ford Explorer, 3.5, 2015

Re: Can I program Ford Intelligent Access (IA) Fobs?

Post by Joemamma1954 »

I had a co-worker who's wife had ran over one of her IA key fob. Then her battery went dead on the spare and when a new battery was installed, the fob had lost programming. I had him purchase another key fob, and went to Program the new key. ForScan reported 4 keys were programmed and that was the limit. So I used the erase option and cleared all 4 keys. Then I used the program ignition key option to program the new key (must program at least 2 keys for the car to start). First key programmed successful, then the second key programmed successfully. Now ForScan reports that there are 2 keys programmed.
This was done on a 2015 Ford Explorer Limited.
rbwalter72
Vehicle: 2009 Focus SE & 2014 Focus Titanium

Post by rbwalter72 »

We bought a 2014 Ford Focus Titanium with RKE that only came with one IA key fob and I would like to have a spare. As I understand it, this is possible with Forscan. I bought this key off of Amazon. I made sure the number (CJ5T-15K601-DX) matched my working OEM key. Also, I got an OBlink EX OBD inferface for the computer.

Everything looks good when I start the computer:

When I run the service procedure to program a new key, this dialog box pops up at around 55% of the progress bar:

I put the key into what I assume is the programming slot:

Then I click "ok" to resume programming and after a few seconds this appears:

Any help with this would be *very much* appreciated.
midax
Vehicle: Ford Mustang

Post by midax »

Hi,

can Forscan program Ford Mustang 2015+ smart keys?
md_sa
Vehicle: Escape,4 cyl,2.0,2014

Post by md_sa »

rbwalter72 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:22 pm
We bought a 2014 Ford Focus Titanium with RKE that only came with one IA key fob and I would like to have a spare. As I understand it, this is possible with Forscan. I bought this key off of Amazon. I made sure the number (CJ5T-15K601-DX) matched my working OEM key. Also, I got an OBlink EX OBD inferface for the computer.

Everything looks good when I start the computer:

When I run the service procedure to program a new key, this dialog box pops up at around 55% of the progress bar:

I put the key into what I assume is the programming slot:

Then I click "ok" to resume programming and after a few seconds this appears:

Any help with this would be *very much* appreciated.
Good Luck, I have the same results with my 2014 Escape. The instructions seem to be a secret! I'm on my third OBD2 interface (OBlink EX) and second set of keys!
rbwalter72
Vehicle: 2009 Focus SE & 2014 Focus Titanium

Post by rbwalter72 »

Good Luck, I have the same results with my 2014 Escape. The instructions seem to be a secret! I'm on my third OBD2 interface (OBlink EX) and second set of keys!
Have you tried an actual OEM key (i.e. one made by Strattec)? That would be the next logical step to me, but they are over $100 and I don't have a lot of confidence that it would work any differently.
ncexp22
Vehicle: 2016 Ford Explorer

Post by ncexp22 »

Appreciate the response for the Escapes, could we get an official status and year range on the other Intelligent Access "proximity" keys that Explorer, Fusion, Mustang, Edge etc all share? I've seen many posts asking but it would appear Forscan is currently not capable of programming IA keys for any 2016+ models.
FORScan wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:24 am
FORScan can program both keyed and keyless PATS systems for 2013-2016 Escape (US market only). Adapter with seamless switching between HS and MS is required (OBDLink EX).
tke499
Vehicle: 2000 Ford Mustang GT

Post by tke499 »

I am trying to find a way to program one of these smart keys with remote start function for a 2015 Explorer Sport. I may have to update FORscan, but is this possible? I have the USB OBDII connector with the switch.

I already have the key fob, just want to program as I only have 1 “key”.
joeyhume
Vehicle: 2015 Ford Taurus SEL, 3.5 liter

Post by joeyhume »

hello...any updates to programming smart key (push button start ) available yet?
Joey Hume :?
mmbaydoun
Vehicle: Ford Escape

Post by mmbaydoun »

Hi,
Back Again since my last post!
Finally, After being notified that the ELM327 cable would not suffice :( , I took the chance & ended up buying the new OBDLinkES cable recommended by the Forscan Team to program the 2013-2016 Ford NA Escape IA Fobs. OBDLinkES Cable was able to connect to HS and MS CAN Busses and communicate properly. Also, decided to Erase all of the Old FOB ID's and Program 2 new/used (OEM) ones (CJ5T-15K601-Dx) must be present, otherwise just add the new spare key.

Here are the pictures,
Note: it took 10mins for Security Access, ~10mins to Erase the keys + 10 mins for another Secuity access, + few mins program the 1st key. another ~10mins security access + another few mins to program/add the 2nd key = Success after about 45 mins (being Careful) to program the IA FOBS. Its best to keep the laptop plugged in, and not go to sleep, have patience.

:)
Attachments
IMG_1459a.JPG
IMG_1459a.JPG (56.09 KiB) Viewed 319 times
IMG_1443.JPG
IMG_1443.JPG (118.7 KiB) Viewed 319 times
IMG_1458.JPG
IMG_1458.JPG (136 KiB) Viewed 319 times
IMG_1449.JPG
IMG_1449.JPG (109.03 KiB) Viewed 319 times
IMG_1451.JPG
IMG_1451.JPG (89.49 KiB) Viewed 319 times
IMG_1454.JPG
IMG_1454.JPG (115.68 KiB) Viewed 319 times
IMG_1456.JPG
IMG_1456.JPG (115.9 KiB) Viewed 319 times
IMG_1457.JPG
IMG_1457.JPG (133.54 KiB) Viewed 319 times
omar302
Vehicle: Ford Edge, Gasoline 2.7L/335hp, 2016

Post by omar302 »

mmbaydoun wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:10 am
Hi,
Back Again since my last post!
Finally, After being notified that the ELM327 cable would not suffice :( , I took the chance & ended up buying the new OBDLinkES cable recommended by the Forscan Team to program the 2013-2016 Ford NA Escape IA Fobs. OBDLinkES Cable was able to connect to HS and MS CAN Busses and communicate properly. Also, decided to Erase all of the Old FOB ID's and Program 2 new/used (OEM) ones (CJ5T-15K601-Dx) must be present, otherwise just add the new spare key.

Here are the pictures,
Note: it took 10mins for Security Access, ~10mins to Erase the keys + 10 mins for another Secuity access, + few mins program the 1st key. another ~10mins security access + another few mins to program/add the 2nd key = Success after about 45 mins (being Careful) to program the IA FOBS. Its best to keep the laptop plugged in, and not go to sleep, have patience.

:)
Thanks for the update, it is good when people give feedback of what worked & what didn't to help others. I noticed that in your post you stated you used the OBDLink ES adaptor, but the pictures show OBDLink EX, probably a type?