Can't edit PCM required value to enable cc on focus mk2

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
lordrafa
Vehicle: Focus mk2 2006 Hatchback

Can't edit PCM required value to enable cc on focus mk2

Post by lordrafa »

Hello,

I am trying to retro fit a cruise control in my focus mk2, I have read that in order to do this, I need to edit 3 parameters in 3 modules (IPC, GEM and PCM) but I cannot see the PCM module in the configuration and programming section.

I am using an original odblink ex and I can see that the PCM has been detected and I can see it under the error codes section.

The other modules are detected without any problem and I can edit their configuration.

It would be really appreciated if anyone could help me with this.
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Re: Can't edit PCM required value to enable cc on focus mk2

Post by tractmec »

lordrafa wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:35 am
Hello,

I am trying to retro fit a cruise control in my focus mk2, I have read that in order to do this, I need to edit 3 parameters in 3 modules (IPC, GEM and PCM) but I cannot see the PCM module in the configuration and programming section.

I am using an original odblink ex and I can see that the PCM has been detected and I can see it under the error codes section.

The other modules are detected without any problem and I can edit their configuration.

It would be really appreciated if anyone could help me with this.
The PCM in vehicles older than about 2011 is not AsBuilt configurable(Have a 2010 Fusion 2003 Expedition and 2005 F150 with this condition).

This is addressed in this topic: viewtopic.php?p=59991#p59991.

In order to Change any parameters in these PCM's it requires an 18 volt FEPS signal to be generated by the Adaptor on DLC pin 13(There are a limited number of adaptors able to do this) in order to open the PCM for programming and any changes must be done at the firmware level, requiring the PCM to be completely erased and reprogrammed with the desired changes( changed tire size one step with IDS and a VCM2 Clone in a 2005 F150 PCM and it took 20 minuets from start{Erase all 12 blocks} to finish {rewrite all 12 blocks with the change and ask to start engine for test and auto clear DTC codes and close programming})! Gives some idea as to why Forscan tells me these are very tricky to program!

Afraid for now these are Ford IDS only!

Forscan Team has informed this member by support email that they currently cannot reliably perform firmware updates on these PCM's but the team is working on a solution in the 2.4.3x branch with no idea on when it will be available.

This does not help with your CC install but you are not missing any thing!
Do not PM me as I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!
lordrafa

Post by lordrafa »

Hum thanks for the info. Is there any chance to use elmconfig to enable the cc on pcm?

This program looks quite older and designed for the Ford focus mk2 that for sure is older than 2011 and offers the option to enable cruise control on the 3 modules but if you are right it shouldn't work, that is why I would like to confirm if it is worth to spend any additional money on another elm adapter
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

lordrafa wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:12 pm
Hum thanks for the info. Is there any chance to use elmconfig to enable the cc on pcm?

This program looks quite older and designed for the Ford focus mk2 that for sure is older than 2011 and offers the option to enable cruise control on the 3 modules but if you are right it shouldn't work, that is why I would like to confirm if it is worth to spend any additional money on another elm adapter
If ELMconfig( the elmconfig.exe file was last updated in 2016 and the support files last update was 2012) has the FEPS signal available you will still need an adapter that has the FEPS pin 13 signal capability. If the EX adapter has it(short of taking the adapter apart and checking if pin 13 is connected to the board?)( the older ELM based adapters I have do not have a connection to pin 13) you can download ELMconfig for free, install it (and the Run time files if you get .OCX errors) and try it.

The .zip file the ELMConfig program comes wrapped in, has several PCM calibration files(Possibly Central Configuration secondary boot loaders) in a data folder so at some time they must have had access to an adapter that had this capability or the Focus PCM had a different strategy than the rest of the Ford line of this era!

Afraid I have no other answers for you!
Do not PM me as I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!
lordrafa

Post by lordrafa »

Hum, I will give a shoot once I am back from holidays.

Unfortunately I will need to buy another odb adaptor since the odblink ex is not supported by the elmconfig. Thanks for ur comments anyway. If I find something I will share it.