2011 Town Car, Disable Easy Entry / Easy Exit

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
TC2011AMF
Vehicle: Lincoln Town Car, V8 4.6 L, 2011

2011 Town Car, Disable Easy Entry / Easy Exit

Post by TC2011AMF »

Good morning ! First time FORScan user wants to disable the Easy Entry / Easy Exit feature in the driver's seat of 2011 Town Car. Can anybody give me the simple steps that I should follow in FORSCan to do this ?

Thank you !
ssaniev
Vehicle: 2011 Lincoln Towncar 4.6L V8

Re: 2011 Town Car, Disable Easy Entry / Easy Exit

Post by ssaniev »

Yes you can.

Obtain Forscan app on the computer, unlock the program with temporary extended licence so that you can program computer modules in your vehicle. Search forum on how to do that. Attach it to appropriate OBD module made for Fords, which you can buy for under $50 online.

Goto module programming tab, and write to DSM module. For reference, see screenshots I am attaching to this thread.

I called couple FORD-Lincoln dealerships, and the responses I've got was hilarious. After checking with their mechanics, some of them told me, they need to cut the seat slide wire from the panel to stop it from rolling back.

See screenshots, you should be able to made some other changes to different modules of your car, ex: turn off daytime running lights, change tire pressure warning points, etc...
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (222.46 KiB) Viewed 661 times
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (144.26 KiB) Viewed 661 times
Attachments
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (144.26 KiB) Viewed 662 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (222.46 KiB) Viewed 662 times
jmaniyat
Vehicle: lincoln town car 2011

Post by jmaniyat »

Thanks for posting this. I tried it today and it worked exactly as described. Drivers seat no no longer moves in and out. It is a nice feature until the seat motors burn out and then Ford will want hundreds of dollars to replace them. Nice way to guarantee parts and service revenue for years. I had asked the dealer about this and they checked with technical advisor who mentioned it is not possible as there is no procedure for it.
rbentnail
Vehicle: 2013 F150STX 4x4 5.0

Post by rbentnail »

jmaniyat wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:48 pm
Thanks for posting this. I tried it today and it worked exactly as described. Drivers seat no no longer moves in and out. It is a nice feature until the seat motors burn out and then Ford will want hundreds of dollars to replace them. Nice way to guarantee parts and service revenue for years. I had asked the dealer about this and they checked with technical advisor who mentioned it is not possible as there is no procedure for it.
Now go back and tell the technical advisor that he is wrong and offer to sell him the procedure, at an astronomical cost of course :evil: ! And be sure to offer to kiss him when you're done porking him - that's better than we get from dealerships :P !!

Then give ssaniev 75% of whatever moneys you get ;) . Fair is fair!

Seriously, good on you guys. Glad it worked out for you.