Saying Hello and Need Assistance... 2018 Explorer Sport

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
EcoHell
Vehicle: Explorer Sport, V6 Twin Turbo/365hp, 2018

Saying Hello and Need Assistance... 2018 Explorer Sport

Post by EcoHell » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:21 am

Hello Everyone. I am new to ForScan and have been activating and deactivating certain features on my 2018 Explorer Sport. I was using it last night and added Climate to my dash cluster, which worked like a charm. I also completed my Global Windows Open/Close feature, tried to add Engine Hourmeter (but that didn't work). However.... now I turn vehicle off, exit the vehicle and lock it....i re-enter the vehicle and without touching the start/stop button, I can now hit the power button on the Sync3 system and it comes on. I have full control of the stereo, climate and navigation controls. If you leave it on and exit and lock the vehicle..the system stays on.

Has anyone else heard of this or know what I did to make this happen? I don't like it because now it means I physically have to ensure the system is off before I lock the vehicle. Please help..

EcoHell
Vehicle: Explorer Sport, V6 Twin Turbo/365hp, 2018

Re: Saying Hello and Need Assistance... 2018 Explorer Sport

Post by EcoHell » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:50 pm

I have to add that when I turn the engine off and exit the vehicle, the SYNC3 system will turn off as usual. BUT..if I enter the vehicle and do not turn on the vehicle, I am still able to power up the SYNC3 system. It will not turn off if I exit the vehicle and lock it, unless I physically power down the SYNC3 system.

Since no one has responded, I will assume this has not happened before.

Toofast520
Vehicle: 2018 Ford Explorer Sport 3.5 ecoboost

Re: Saying Hello and Need Assistance... 2018 Explorer Sport

Post by Toofast520 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:20 pm

Personally I’d return it to factory settings and go from there if you haven’t already!