FORScan Lite Beta for Android

Testing new functions
Stesa1
Vehicle: Mazda CX-5, 2.2 Diesel, 175PS, 2013

Re: FORScan Lite Beta for Android

Post by Stesa1 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:30 pm

fred08155 wrote:
Stesa1 wrote:Does it mean, that the ELM327 v2.1 will never work with the FORScan?
All adapters seen so far that claimed to be ELM327 v2.1 where fake adapters. They don´t work at all. Not with FORScan or any other software.
That's not right, I have 2 different ELM 327 v2.1 both work fine with the Software torque but not with forescan.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Fri May 29, 2015 3:18 am

Posted some clarification on this ELM327 v2.1 issue:

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... t=10#p4937

JamieGeek
Vehicle: 2013 Focus Electric

Post by JamieGeek » Fri May 29, 2015 12:44 pm

Galaxy S5, 2013 Ford Focus Electric, version 0.9.8, Kernel v2.2.3.

I can't seem to get the metric/imperial setting to show imperial values. Everything is showing up metric regardless of the setting.

daktona
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo, FMBA, 2.0TDCI, 131hp, 2002

Post by daktona » Fri May 29, 2015 5:17 pm

for me everything works excellent on my 2002 Ford Mondeo Tdci. Great app although i have no instantaneous or average fuel consumption PID.

fred08155
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Turnier TDCI 96kW 2002

Post by fred08155 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:02 pm

The instrument cluster shows average fuel consumption and on newer models it´s possible to have showed instantaneous fuel consumption on the display.

I found a PID FUEL_FLOW under IC (instrument cluster) but i don´t know what this PID could mean. The graph of this value shows a sawtooth most of the time no matter what you are doing.
There are some OBD gauges that show consumption but most of them calculate it out of some other values read from OBD.

http://www.windmill.co.uk/fuel.html

aclacher
Vehicle: Mazda 6 2.5 petrol 2009

Post by aclacher » Sat May 30, 2015 11:58 am

2009 mazda 6, V0.98 on nexus 6, cheap elm327 bluetooth.

Observed same issue with metric/imperial units as per a couple of posts above. Other than this it works well.

noluck4
Vehicle: 2003 Taurus SES OHV Vulcan, Jasper Reman Tran

Post by noluck4 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:06 am

Work great on Galaxy TAB A. On my S6 There was an issue connecting to the adapter, however this appears to be a problem with the adapter. The adapter is a Chinese ELM327. Both run Lollipop 5.5

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:03 pm

JamieGeek wrote:Galaxy S5, 2013 Ford Focus Electric, version 0.9.8, Kernel v2.2.3.

I can't seem to get the metric/imperial setting to show imperial values. Everything is showing up metric regardless of the setting.
The setting doesn't work for PIDs already added to the profile. Example:

0. Metric units are used (default setting)
1. User adds the PID "ECT" (Engine Coolant Temperature) to the profile. The PID is added with metric settings because of (0), so displayed in degrees of Celsius.
2. User changes Metric to Imperial in FORScan->settings and returned back to the PID profile (or disconnected and connected, no matter).
3. The "ECT" PIDs will be displayed in in degrees of Celsius because individual setting of PID overrides the "general" setting, and when user added the ECT on step (2), its individual setting was set to metric.
4. If user adds the PID "IAT" (Intake Air Temperature) now, it will be displayed in degrees of Farenheit as expected by user.

We think it may be good idea to add a setting like "Ignore individual measurement unit setting" to make users able to disable such a confusing behaviour.

hybridbear
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Focus Electric

Post by hybridbear » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:37 pm

FORScan wrote:We think it may be good idea to add a setting like "Ignore individual measurement unit setting" to make users able to disable such a confusing behaviour.
Thanks for the explanation. It's nice that you can work the system to have some PIDs in metric & some in US units. I agree that having an option to override the individual PID setting would be a nice feature.
2013 Ford Focus Electric
2013 Ford Fusion Energi

carlus
Vehicle: MAZDA CX7 MZR CD 2.2 2010

Post by carlus » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:09 pm

FORScan wrote:Thanks for your feedback, please look below///
carlus wrote: I believe that the application is running fine and I guess the next thing included in the application serlia the following.
- It should be possible to customize the PDI graphics (color, minimum and maximum range).
Min/max range - yes, we are going to add that... but how do you want to customize color (make the same color for all gauges or set an individual color for every graph or...)?
Please, individual color for e very graph
carlus wrote: - Should an alarm to be included if a given PID reach a certain value. This point is very important as it has always interested me know when it is producing a regerenación the DPF and now could have the phone with the screen off (not consume much battery) and forscan notify me with an alarm when a PID I indicated that this remains a regeneration.
FORScan wrote: This seems to be a desirable feature for many users, although must say this is some kind out of current design, because application is designed to work in foreground mainly. Yes, it works in background, but Android OS (according to the development documentation) may kill it any time just to release some resources for another application or for some other need. In order to make it more reliable, application has to be implemented as a service, this is not a big deal but something we planned to implement on next stage.
Please be good to implement that option although it works only when the application was working in the foreground

Thanks.
MAZDA cx7 diesel