FORScan Lite Beta for Android

Testing new functions
FORScan
Site Admin

Re: FORScan Lite Beta for Android

Post by FORScan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:12 am

DARBAS wrote:Thanks for your reply.One other question. Awhile back I asked a question about if possible could you set your own upper and lower limits on the graphs instead of forscan automatically setting them and I was told that it was going to be implemented in Android lite when introduced on google apps but cannot see anywhere i can do this on the app I just bought.Is it something i am overlooking or has it yet to be implemented on latter up date
Yes, we plan to do it, but it was not done (and wasn't planned) for the very first release of Android version. We are sorry for any possible confusion. We will add this feature as soon as we can.

Jeff23spl
Vehicle: Mazdaspeed

Post by Jeff23spl » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:25 pm

Just loaded the market version after my trial expired. For the price you ask, to my own opinion, peoples should NOT ask to get it for free because they tried 5minutes the beta version.
5can$ is just a small contribution for all the work you already done with it.
Especially if you do all the upgrades you said you will be doing in further update :) :D

the market version isn't much different from the beta version i tried.

Being able to mix gauges from different pcm would be a great feature among all other mentionned.

My understanding is that tool may have been developped for troobleshooting at first, a little bit more than for using it as a virtual gauge display. It is very powerfull at doing the first task but a little bit behind others at displaying data. (I mean the ''look'' and ''while driving'' functionnality) If you implement most of the sugestions made, i think it would become the best of all for Ford/Mazda users.
Last edited by Jeff23spl on Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff23spl
Vehicle: Mazdaspeed

Post by Jeff23spl » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:27 pm

carlus wrote:Hi

A further improvement might be included for all versions of forscan is to choose the delimiter character of CSV file.

Currently the delimiter character is ";", but may be selected, for example, the character "," as a log file generated with the separator cartacter "," we can use an application to generate/manipulate graphics in CSV format.

The tool is DBPLOT, is free and can be found in: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbplot/

I 'm using CSV files that have generated that have changed the character ";" and it really is a wonder.

Another free and wonderfull application -> DATPOLT. URL:http://www.datplot.com/

A greeting.
It is possible in Excel to choose the delimiting caracter when opening the file. If you aren't finding it because of excel version or want it correct all the time: You may configure your windows region/language parameters to work with the Forscan one. Select region/language in your parameter menu. Under ''format'' click on the button at the bottom ''more options'' and there you will see the input for ''list separator'' just pick the right one, click ''ok'' to save and you will be good to go.

IMO, i would sugest that they look at other improvements prior to that one in the priority list if it require much work because we can manage around it better than other demands.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:33 am

Yes, functionality is the first priority still, even although we tried to make Android and iOS versions as much user friendly as we can. It doesn' t mean we do not care about usability - no at all, we are going to improve it. However, if we have a choice between adding new service function (or another important core feature) and improving user interface in Android version, in majority of cases the new function/feature will have higher priority.

vondr
Vehicle: Ford 2.0 Tdci

Post by vondr » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:35 am

Hello, how can i get the full free version?
Thanks

Werb
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo mk4 2.0TDCi 2008

Post by Werb » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Hello everybody
After i tried forscan lite beta, I had access to all modules of my car (mondeo mk4 2008 2.0 TDCi). Now, after i got it from google play, only few pids from PCM module are avilable. Was it done on purpose, to cut of these functionality from a payable version? Or is something wrong with my phone ( galaxy sIII)? Is anybody has similiar problem?

fred08155
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Turnier TDCI 96kW 2002

Post by fred08155 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:17 pm

What version do you use? The free demo version or the payed full version of FORScan lite?

Werb
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo mk4 2.0TDCi 2008

Post by Werb » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:04 pm

fred08155 wrote:What version do you use? The free demo version or the payed full version of FORScan lite?
First I downloaded a demo, and there was PCM module pids only. I believed then that its demo version limitations. But today i bought and instaled forscan lite, and its still only PCM pids available. Don't know if its a glitch, otherwise i get my money back :(

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:58 am

Discussing in PM already...

Freddy64
Vehicle: Ford Ranger 4AW, 2,5l diesel 109kw, 2010

Post by Freddy64 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi Forscan team,

purchased the app after trial as it shows many more PID's than other apps in my 2010 Ford Ranger 4AW (Mazda BT clone). I like the app - Very well done!

Got a question: I read on this forum that Forscan 1.0.1 supports currently ARM 7 processors only - do you have any plans to compile for ARM 9 architecture too in one of the next releases?
Reason is, I bought one of this nice Android China head units which utilizes a Cortex-A9 dual core processor but Forscan does not get installed :|