FORScan Lite Beta for Android

Testing new functions
FORScan
Site Admin

Re: FORScan Lite Beta for Android

Post by FORScan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:16 am

int0x13 wrote:People who contributed on this topic can have the full licence for free?
Yes, please see PM
int0x13 wrote: What's the limitation of the demo version?
No DTC reset and only 1 PID at once in Dashboard.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:21 am

olopezm wrote:I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option to review the saved log files for PIDs without the need to be connected to the vehicle; I know there's the option to save them as CSV to export them to EXCEL, but it would be a neat option to review it ON-THE-GO.
You can save the live stream to FSL file (default format) using Save menu in Dashboard. The file will be stored in Downloads folder. You can open it from there using Open function in the Dashboard. This can be done in the offline mode too. You can also send/move these files to PC and open from there.
olopezm wrote: Thank you very much guys, I'm looking forward to get the paid version in the next days as I've only been using the pre-release version.
It is already available. Also please see PM.

Gombal
Vehicle: 2004 Ford Fusion 1.4TDCI

Post by Gombal » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:57 am

Been using it on my 7 inch Samsung tablet (tab 2) for 2 days now and i love it!
Been using Torque for about a year now but like Forscan better because i can actually see more data with it.

Only one thing that would be an improvement i think and that is if the bar on the left side would dissapear so there's better use of the whole screen. Maybe it's an idea to choose Table, dashboard, settings etc from a button from the right upper corner or left lower corner.
The other things is, would it be possible to make the gauges "auto" grow if you only have for example 2 pids selected and "auto" shrinknif you select more. This way you would also maximize screen usage.

I would also like it if there was a way to make the font of the values bigger, now whilst driving i can't read the values, partially because of them being al different colors, partially because there simlply to small. (Maybe i'm just old...........)

I have a 2004 Ford Fusion 1.4TDCI and i would love to see my IAT2, the sensor behind my turbo so the compressed air temperature.
When i select IAT-V the description says it should be from IAT2, in reality it is from IAT(1).
Its from the PCM ecu, all the other selections don't have any IAT entries.
I know from experience the ecu does something with IAT2 because last year my compressed air hose burst and while using a temporary replacement hose without IAT2 sensor hole i noticed a significant increase in fuel consumption because IAT2 would measure the under bonnet temperature instead of the hotter compressed air temp.
So my guess is there must be a pid for IAT2 but i still havent been able to locate it, also not in Torque with custom pids.

Gombal

Post by Gombal » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:03 am

One other thing, most pressures are in kpa. Would it be possible to make us choose between kpa and mbar or bar?
The last 2 make a lot more sense to me (and i think al dutch people) and would also limit screenclutter because you would loose 2 digits in case of bar so the gauges would be easier readable.

hybridbear
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Focus Electric

Post by hybridbear » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:43 am

FORScan wrote:
int0x13 wrote:People who contributed on this topic can have the full licence for free?
Yes, please see PM.
I have not received a PM...
2013 Ford Focus Electric
2013 Ford Fusion Energi

Gombal

Post by Gombal » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:17 pm

Just went for a drive and started Forscan. All my chosen pids were gone. Did restart my tablet this morning so all programs were shutdown.
Didn't read all 13 pages of this topic but would be nice if Forscan would remember users choices.
Not that it's a huge amount of work to select the preffered pids but it would be a bit easier ;)

Edit: just read the documentation, i havd to save the selection myself :oops:

Gombal

Post by Gombal » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:33 pm

Do have an other question. Is it possible for Forscan to read data from differen modules at the same time?
I know it isn't possible now but maybe for the future?
In my case i would like a handfull of pids from the PCM and 1 from the IC (fuellevel).
Now i have to switch modules and whilst driving this isn't the safest option ofcourse!

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:59 am

Gombal wrote:Just went for a drive and started Forscan. All my chosen pids were gone. Did restart my tablet this morning so all programs were shutdown.
Didn't read all 13 pages of this topic but would be nice if Forscan would remember users choices.
Not that it's a huge amount of work to select the preffered pids but it would be a bit easier ;)

Edit: just read the documentation, i havd to save the selection myself :oops:
This is not very correct. If you selected some PIDs, they are stored in the application's cache and should be restored next time when you run the application. However, if the application cache is removed (manually by user via Vehicle->Service menu or if application is removed or device is wiped /reset to factory settings etc), then these data will be lost. In order to save these data in these cases, you need to save the selected profile manually using Save option on the PID profile page.

But, in the case you describe (device restart), the data should not be erased. It may happen, though, if you selected some PIDs but didn't return back from the PID profile screen. Because data are remembered when you finish the editing.

Gombal wrote:Do have an other question. Is it possible for Forscan to read data from differen modules at the same time?
I know it isn't possible now but maybe for the future?
In my case i would like a handfull of pids from the PCM and 1 from the IC (fuellevel).
Now i have to switch modules and whilst driving this isn't the safest option ofcourse!
Unfortunately this ability is not available in any of FORScan versions (Windows, iOS, Android...) by design. However, we receive multiple requests from our users asking to add this feature, so we will try to add in one of next versions.

int0x13
Vehicle: Ford Focus MK2 2.0L TDCI 136 remapped ECU

Post by int0x13 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:45 pm

I had this case:
I'm recording the PIDs in background and then i'm switching to my GPS application. I shut down the car the engine (ignition OFF). Then i go back into Forscan application and then the application has crashed and the log is lost.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:10 pm

Now (when application is published on the Play Market), users can report crash report to developers easily. This information becomes available to developers on the developer console in Google. We have already fixed one crash bug today using this feature.