FORScan Lite Beta for Android

Testing new functions
skauber
Vehicle: Expedition, 5.4 V8, 2005

Re: FORScan Lite Beta for Android

Post by skauber » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:47 pm

I think it would be good to implement an alarm like that as well, even if it only works when the app is in the foreground, as to alert a driver if some value goes too high or too low when hes busy looking at the road and not the app. :)

pawel116
Vehicle: Ford Focus MK1 1.8 TDCi

Post by pawel116 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Hi,
On LG P350 with CM 10.0 appears message: "Unfortunately, FORScan Lite has stopped."

FoMoCoSHO
Vehicle: 2015 Taurus SHO 3.5 Ecoboost

Post by FoMoCoSHO » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:31 am

I'm running a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 with an obdmx bluetooth adapter on a 2015 Taurus SHO.

So far I've been unable to move the gauges or change their sizes.

hybridbear
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Focus Electric

Post by hybridbear » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:17 pm

FoMoCoSHO wrote:I'm running a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 with an obdmx bluetooth adapter on a 2015 Taurus SHO.

So far I've been unable to move the gauges or change their sizes.
Can anyone change to gauge size? I can't on our Nexus 7.
2013 Ford Focus Electric
2013 Ford Fusion Energi

Jeff23spl
Vehicle: Mazdaspeed

Post by Jeff23spl » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:13 pm

Samsung S4

Chineese cheap dongle stamped ''Konwei''

Works well connected on hs scan with: (Will test MS scan soon with a modified dongle)
Mazda3 2006 2.0l
Mazdaspeed 3 2007 2.3T
Mazda CX7 2010 2.3T (I can see ms modules but no pid availaible when i tried to look at them)

Did not figured out yet perfectly to use the demo mode offline and understand the choice between 1999my and 2002my? Will it be availaible with modele choice in the future release or ?

Suggestions: Like others said: an indication limit to call a voice or a buzz sound when the reading reach that limit to warn driver of something wrong while still looking at the road.

Customisable display and graph: at least min/max and color/size but if it was possible to have different gage style and size with clamping memory of highest and lowest reading like other application do, it would be just perfect! As long as this doesn't slow down refesh speed.

didn't tryied to re-use logged data in another app yet but i really like that possibility to replay the graph and scroll it back and forth. It could be nice to have a reading point a little bit more to the left to see eaxctly where the value displayed comes from. Maybe a vertical line 20-50 pixels from the far right that would be the value reading point. This way we could be able to see the graph before and after the reading point.

Keep working, you do a great job!
(BTW when it is time for add on features, it is because the rest is very nice...)

tryied it on samsung s1 but cannot install probably because of the old android os. Could be nice to specify the working device with the ''paid'' application if it only work with newer os.
For me this mean to buy a newer dummy phone that remain in the car.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:48 am

Jeff23spl wrote: Did not figured out yet perfectly to use the demo mode offline and understand the choice between 1999my and 2002my? Will it be availaible with modele choice in the future release or ?
Demo mode emulates a real vehicle, Ford Focus Mk1. There were several modifications, 1999 and 2002 vehicles are slightly different in on-board configuration. The idea to emulate several different vehicles sounds nice, we will think on how to implement it and add to the todo list.
Jeff23spl wrote: Suggestions: Like others said: an indication limit to call a voice or a buzz sound when the reading reach that limit to warn driver of something wrong while still looking at the road.
Yes, we got the idea and will add this feature in one of next releases.
Jeff23spl wrote: Customisable display and graph: at least min/max and color/size but if it was possible to have different gage style and size with clamping memory of highest and lowest reading like other application do, it would be just perfect! As long as this doesn't slow down refesh speed.
We will try to implement it in one of the nearest releases.
Jeff23spl wrote: didn't tryied to re-use logged data in another app yet but i really like that possibility to replay the graph and scroll it back and forth. It could be nice to have a reading point a little bit more to the left to see eaxctly where the value displayed comes from. Maybe a vertical line 20-50 pixels from the far right that would be the value reading point. This way we could be able to see the graph before and after the reading point.
Yes, we also noticed that it may be good idea to have a "ruler" tool (in fact the one you describe - a line somewhere in the graph that shows the value at that point. We will think on how to implement it.
Jeff23spl wrote: tryied it on samsung s1 but cannot install probably because of the old android os. Could be nice to specify the working device with the ''paid'' application if it only work with newer os.
For me this mean to buy a newer dummy phone that remain in the car.
FORScan requires Android v4.0 and newer. We will double check that the application on Google Play will not be installed for older versions.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:48 am

skauber wrote:I think it would be good to implement an alarm like that as well, even if it only works when the app is in the foreground, as to alert a driver if some value goes too high or too low when hes busy looking at the road and not the app. :)
As mentioned previously, this feature is planned to be implemented in future releases, will not be included in the first release.
pawel116 wrote: On LG P350 with CM 10.0 appears message: "Unfortunately, FORScan Lite has stopped."
Can you please give us more information about when/how it happens (better via PM or email )?
FoMoCoSHO wrote: So far I've been unable to move the gauges or change their sizes.
hybridbear wrote: Can anyone change to gauge size? I can't on our Nexus 7.
Unfortunately this feature is not implemented yet and will be not available in the very first official version of the Android application.

carlus
Vehicle: MAZDA CX7 MZR CD 2.2 2010

Post by carlus » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi

A further improvement might be included for all versions of forscan is to choose the delimiter character of CSV file.

Currently the delimiter character is ";", but may be selected, for example, the character "," as a log file generated with the separator cartacter "," we can use an application to generate/manipulate graphics in CSV format.

The tool is DBPLOT, is free and can be found in: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbplot/

I 'm using CSV files that have generated that have changed the character ";" and it really is a wonder.

Another free and wonderfull application -> DATPOLT. URL:http://www.datplot.com/

A greeting.
MAZDA cx7 diesel

Dr2005k
Vehicle: Mercury Milan, gasoline 2.5l, 2010

Post by Dr2005k » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Would it be possible to include GPS support or logging from using the built-in GPS in most android devices? This would allow users to export the vehicle data along with the GPS data to see an entire trip.

Regards,

dr2005k

metrich
Vehicle: Mazda CX-5, 2.2 Skyactive Diesel, 150PS, 2015

Post by metrich » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi FORScan Team,

today I started to test FORScan lite beta (v0.9.8, Kernel 2.2.3). The connection to the WiFi adapter (ELM327 v1.5) and vehicle works, but after that the App doesn't identify the vehicle.
With the same adapter, the windows version (Kernel 2.2.4) works perfectly.
May be in kernel 2.2.3 the vehicle (Mazda CX-5, 2.2l, 2015) is not included in the vehicle database as it is in kernel 2.2.4 ?

Regards metrich