Nav Fault on sync 3

Testing new functions
ssrhwm
Vehicle: 2016 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Nav Fault on sync 3

Post by ssrhwm » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:09 am

This is my first forum. I am sorry if this question or issue has been asked/answered before. I looked all over and could not find a resolve for it.

My issue is, on my 2016 F150 with Sync 3, I used forscan to enable Nav however when I try to use nav, it tells me nav isn't functioning properly. Is there something I'm doing wrong or??? Help!!

Vladsky
Vehicle: 2017 Ferd PHEV

Re: Nav Fault on sync 3

Post by Vladsky » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Howdy.

1. This is the Beta Testing section - yer in the wrong forum. (Perhaps PM a Mod/Admin to move/merge yer two threads on this same topic.)

2. The only way to 'enable' NAV on Sync 3 is to have a NAV-capable APIM. If you don't, it's not possible to 'enable' it with anything. ( Exception - adding internal hardware to the mobo ).

3. Yer a little light on details - provide screenshots of the errors and other details (code/pics/etc) on what exactly you are attempting via Forscan. No reason or excuse not to - if you actually want cogent help as we cannot 'see' yer situation over the innernet thang. PLUS - This is assuming you swapped the APIM with a NAV-capable unit. Da?

4. Assumin' #3 is true, go look at the Forscan Sticky on F150Fourm - including the spreadsheet. Additionally, there are several Sync3-specific threads in that truck forum discussing this exact topic (making a swapped-in NAV-capable APIM function), Answer is there - posted many times.

5. Depending on yer errors - guessing here as you did not provide any specifics - check GPS connections/functionality. Run bezel diags on the APIM; that procedure is clearly posted on that forum and elsewhere - it's everywhere. Snag and post those screens as well. Sorry - I don't believe in spoonfeeding - I believe applied self-help is the best way to learn and retain knowledge.

BTW ... this: http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6308 is called cross-posting. It's not cool as it clutters the forum with duplicate nonsense. Next time, review the various forum sections, pick the appropriate one (in this case it's the Config & Programmin' one) and stick with it. Just sayin', Aight?

Salut
Vlad

sleepy
Vehicle: Mazda CX 5 2,5 2014

Post by sleepy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:52 pm

How to add internal equipment to a mobile device?

rainlord
Vehicle: Ford Explorer XLT, 2012, 3.5L

Post by rainlord » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:21 am

ssrhwm wrote:This is my first forum. I am sorry if this question or issue has been asked/answered before. I looked all over and could not find a resolve for it.

My issue is, on my 2016 F150 with Sync 3, I used forscan to enable Nav however when I try to use nav, it tells me nav isn't functioning properly. Is there something I'm doing wrong or??? Help!!
Your GPS module may be faulty or not functioning properly. I had the same issues, but most of the time the nav would start working after a few minutes. I bought a new "Fakra plug" GPS module on Amazon and plugged in (attached it to top of metal cross-beam that's just behind the sync3 unit, with the magnet (so that the top of the module points to the sky) and I've not had the problems since.

Ramper
Vehicle: Ford mondeo hybrid 2016

Post by Ramper » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:58 am

found fix ????

try eject+seek -> go to test setting ->remove navi fault .