Re: Setting arbitrary tire sizes for speedometer calibration
Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:40 am
Software scanner for Ford, Mazda, Lincoln, Mercury vehicles
Could be the middle 4 numbers of 726-45-01 (BCM). Just checked Grandson's 2012 Ford F 150 and his 726-45-1 is xxxx 0988 xxxx, which shows the 0988 definitely denotes his tire size and this is what you have to determine is yours according to the spreadsheets in this thread.
CombatDork wrote: ↑Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:14 pmOk.
1. Launch Forscan and connect to truck while running.
2. Click on the Chip icon, aka the "Configuration and Programming" tab.
3. Click on "BdyCM (AS BUILT format)"
4. Click on the Play icon, aka the "Run Service Procedure" button, on the bottom.
5. Read pop-up window and hit "Ok"
6. Click on the "Safe All" button at the bottom and save the stock data.
7. Click on the stop button, aka "Stop Service Procedure" button.
8. Click on the "Configuration and Programming" tab up top.
9. Click on the "BdyCM" line
10. Click on the Play icon, aka the "Run Service Procedure" button, on the bottom.
11. Click on the "Tire Size" line.
12. Click on the "Edit Selected" button near the bottom left.
13. Select other tire size and click ok.
14. Click on the stop button, aka "Stop Service Procedure" button
Repeat steps 1 through 5 and compare line by line and you should be able to find what the service procedure changed. That will be the tire size field.