Cruise Activation BA/BF Ford Falcon & Territory

Testing new functions
Bobman
Vehicle: Fairlane 6 cylinder 4.0 litre 2006

Cruise Activation BA/BF Ford Falcon & Territory

Post by Bobman » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi,

Can anyone confirm that Forscan does indeed have the functionality to match a car's PCM to ICC? I did not find this feature last time as my ICC displays "CODE".

Also, can I make a suggestion to add cruise activation functionality?

Happy to loan my car to any developer for a week or two as it's not being used anyway (BF Fairlane).

Cheers,
Bobby
Last edited by Bobman on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheBASR05
Vehicle: Falcon Barra 240 turbo 4.0L 2005

Re: BA/BF Ford Falcon & Territory CODE and CRUISE

Post by TheBASR05 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Yes i can confirm it does .. you will need to go to programming and configuration and go to acm module reset or something and hit that takes about 3 seconds

Bobman

Post by Bobman » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:13 pm

TheBASR05 wrote:Yes i can confirm it does .. you will need to go to programming and configuration and go to acm module reset or something and hit that takes about 3 seconds
Thanks mate, just saw that with the latest update.

All I need is cruise activation added to this!

Noticed an issue with PATS programming where the door locks don't cycle and it won't go into the programming mode. Battery recharged, correct key etc. Worked once before, very odd.

Bobman

Post by Bobman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:08 am

Any updates in regards to cruise control activation for Ford Falcon and Territory models in Australia?

Mongrel
Vehicle: SX Territory, 4L, 2009

Re: Cruise Activation BA/BF Ford Falcon & Territory

Post by Mongrel » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:32 am

I can't answer the specific question.... but are you sure it's not automatically enabled? I've added cruise buttons to several Falcons, and our Territory, and they just worked with no programming required. Most were BA, and one BF.

Bobman

Post by Bobman » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:37 am

Mongrel wrote:I can't answer the specific question.... but are you sure it's not automatically enabled? I've added cruise buttons to several Falcons, and our Territory, and they just worked with no programming required. Most were BA, and one BF.
I've heard some Territory models are activated, but can't say I've heard the same for Falcon models. Have installed a few as well, but nothing comes up when you press 'cruise'. A quick trip to a dealer then sees it all working as per usual.

I hope they can include it in a future Forscan...

Mongrel
Vehicle: SX Territory, 4L, 2009

Post by Mongrel » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:38 am

Indeed! I've been using FORScan for awhile myself as a scan tool, but haven't updated recently. It was interesting to see what looks like an ability to access and edit specific data in the as-built blocks. I'm better with spanners myself, but if you like I'll have a play with it this evening and see if I can save the as-built data from our Territory. Perhaps we can compare yours and mine and work out the data we need to change.
I saw that someone worked out the memory address for the tyre data this way, so we know where not to look ^^

gmau69
Vehicle: Ford Falcon BA 4.0L 2003

Post by gmau69 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:15 pm

Hello,
Would also be interested to activate cruise control on my BA Falcon 2003.
I added steering cruise control switches and also replaced the brake switch with dual switches, but it just does not work.
Thanks for any update.
Vlad

Bobman

Post by Bobman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Mongrel wrote:Indeed! I've been using FORScan for awhile myself as a scan tool, but haven't updated recently. It was interesting to see what looks like an ability to access and edit specific data in the as-built blocks. I'm better with spanners myself, but if you like I'll have a play with it this evening and see if I can save the as-built data from our Territory. Perhaps we can compare yours and mine and work out the data we need to change.
I saw that someone worked out the memory address for the tyre data this way, so we know where not to look ^^
As-built data might be similar to mine as I have a BF Fairlane Ghia. I believe someone did crack the cruise options in terminal, but shouldn't be too hard to include in Forscan.

How does one pass this onto the engineers here? Can only hope this thread is active enough for someone to have a look into including this feature.

Pendaws
Vehicle: Ba Falcon 4.0 ltr 2003

Post by Pendaws » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:43 pm

I have a BA 2003 XT Falcon and the cruise control does not operate. I have checked the Micro switch and it is functioning as are the brake lights
but no cruise at all. From my memory all BA cruise kits required activation after fitting ( I used to work in a Ford dealership) and I had heard of
some working straight away but, mine does not. I have no idea if it ever worked as I bought the car second hand with no keys but, I fixed that with PATS.

Hopefully an addition can be made to FORScan to allow this?