DDM Module firmware update - not visible

Testing new functions
garymarlin
Vehicle: Focus DW10C 140PS 2013

DDM Module firmware update - not visible

Post by garymarlin »

Hello,

I updated DDM module firmware successfuly yesterday, but DTC pop up. I decided to re-program it again. Write process failed and now I can't see the DDM module firmware update function at all. It disapeared. Any advice?

I use FORScan 2.4.3 beta and vLinker VS interface.
garymarlin

Re: DDM Module firmware update - not visible

Post by garymarlin »

Ok, I think I know what happened. After programming failed, I deleted the profile and created a new one. Now, since the module is "bricked", FORScan can't read it, therefore, is not showing module firmware update procedure.

I loaded profile saved previously, and now I can see the DDM module firmware update procedure again. Still need to try to reprogram the firmware...
fordsmax471
Vehicle: Ford S-Max 2.0 TDCi 2017 PowerShift

Post by fordsmax471 »

be careful when deleting the old profile :!:
the old profile can then be deleted once the new profile has read all the modules and access to them is guaranteed
now upload a scan with the same forscan version and the same car profile and restore the module with the original files that were in the original, install the configuration and reset the module

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18751
garymarlin

Post by garymarlin »

Thanks for information.

I was able to start Module firmware update procedure once I loaded "old" profile from the backup I made previously.

Now I have a problem to upload the latest strategy file to the module. Operation failed 5x and Service procedure has been interrupted.
It looks like also as build data is not available, but I noted numbers for factory build by myself:
Strategy: AV6N-14C064-AH
Calibration: BV6N-14C065-AH
Signal Configuration BV6N-14C321-AC

FORScan updates are the following:
Strategy: AV6N-14C064-AL
Calibration: BV6N-14C065-AJ
Signal Configuration BV6N-14C321-AE

Can somebody help and provide factory Strategy, Calibration and Signal Configuration files so I can restore factory configuration?

Or maybe this is not the problem... shall I be able to upload Strategy file regardless of the revision?
garymarlin

Post by garymarlin »

Ok, eventually I was able to upload Strategy, but first I uploaded Calibration and Signal Configuration files. FORScan showed "Operation failed, retrying..." 4 times for block 1/3 and the same for block 2/3. Block 3/3 was loaded with no problem.

Calibration and Signal Configuration files were uploaded flawlessly.

Now it looks like DTC for DDM is present:
B12DC
Additional Fault Symptom:
- Missing Calibration
I also run Reset Module service function. DTC still persists.

Do you think the Strategy file is still incorrect?

Below is the factory DDM configuration:
DDM - Drivers Door Module
Part number: BV6N-14B531-AJ
Calibration level: BV6N-14B531-AJ (latest known: BV6N-14B531-AL)
Strategy : AV6N-14C064-AH
Calibration: BV6N-14C065-AH
mtech
Vehicle: 2018 Ford F-150

Post by mtech »

I had the same error after updating my PDM (passenger side of the same type of module). The flash was successful, but was getting a few DTCs on the PDM, including 'Missing Calibration'. The PDM was not responding correctly, as I could not activate the power fold mirrors on the passenger side.

What I found is that the As Built configuration went to some default state after the firmware flash. I restored from a backup I made earlier and then the PDM started to work normally with the new firmware. DTCs went away.
garymarlin

Post by garymarlin »

Thanks for the hint. I was also provided by FORScan team with test version that has DDM initialization service procedure in it. Will try soon and let you know the result.
fatcam328
Vehicle: 2017 Continental 3.7, 2019 Expedition 3.5

Post by fatcam328 »

I'm having issues on my 2017 Lincoln Continental where the DDM and PDM that will not initialize. Regardless of firmware version/calibration, the initialization times out around 80%. Windows will go up and down once, then nothing for about 45 seconds will the procedure slowly progresses then times out around 80-90%.

Could you share the Forscan version what worked for initiation?
Thank you
OBDLink EX
garymarlin

Post by garymarlin »

I was provided with FORScanSetup2.3.44.test20211029.exe. I plan to check it today. Will let you know later the result.
Snowball
Vehicle: Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2.0l 2017

Post by Snowball »

My MY17 Fusion is having the same initialization issue with the DDM while the PDM works fine. Procedure times out, window goes down, up, down and then nothing. I have tried all software versions I can think of. I am wondering if it's a hardware issue, maybe not with the module but the data it receives from the motor or the limit switches.