Request: PATS for 2018 C-Max Hybrid (N.American)

Testing new functions
SiriusBlack
Vehicle: 2018 Ford C-Max Titanium

Request: PATS for 2018 C-Max Hybrid (N.American)

Post by SiriusBlack »

Hello!

I am new to these forums, and to Forscan, so I hope it's OK to post this.

I live in Canada, and just recently purchased a 2018 C-Max Titanium, to replace my 2013 C-Max SEL which I'll be selling soon.
Both cars use wireless PATS keys, and when I discovered Forscan I got very excited at the idea that I might be able to program my own.
So I ordered a couple of spare keys, and the recommended OBDLink EX, and installed a trial license of Forscan.

Unfortunately, although I see the PATS module in my 2013 C-Max, I don't in my 2018 - so I guess the modules are different, and the new one is not implemented yet.

I read that one can request the implementation of a new module, so I would like to request that one - but more than that, if there's a way I could assist with the creation of it - by providing logs, info, etc - I am happy to offer any help I can.
Also - rather than asking people to do things for me for free, I prefer to offer something in return, so - is there a way I can offer a bounty or something for adding the PATS module for my car? Is this something that can be done?

Thanks in advance!
Sirius, Ottawa, Canada
Andyfocus
Vehicle: ford focus 1.0 ecoboost (100ps) 2017

Re: Request: PATS for 2018 C-Max Hybrid (N.American)

Post by Andyfocus »

please do a quick search , it will say anything after about 2015 can NOT be done and has to be taken to a aurthorised partner or a ford dealer as from 2015 the coding was changed and then again from around 2017 it was changed again to online access only for pats.
i am the same as you just a forscan user still learning .
The search function is there for a reason use it.
no you can no longer pm me with your 1 or 0 posts so dont try.
SiriusBlack
Vehicle: 2018 Ford C-Max Titanium

Post by SiriusBlack »

Hi Andy,

That's rather disappointing news.

I have already done many searches, both quick and slow, about programming PATS keys, and haven't yet come across anything that says that; could you give me a pointer?

Thanks
-Sirius
Andyfocus
Vehicle: ford focus 1.0 ecoboost (100ps) 2017

Post by Andyfocus »

i am the same as you just a forscan user still learning .
The search function is there for a reason use it.
no you can no longer pm me with your 1 or 0 posts so dont try.