Testing new functions
FORScan
Site Admin

Programming PATS for Australian models 1998-2006

Post by FORScan »

We have implemented PATS programming functions for the following models:

Falcon/Fairmont/Fairlane AU/AU2/AU3/BA, 1998-2006
Territory 4.0 2004-2006

So we are starting the beta testing for these functions.

Requirements for beta testers:
- 2 PATS keys (no matter working or blank)

Risks:
PATS functions for AU models have some specifics against models for other markets. In particular, there is no a separate programming key function, so it is not possible to add a single key to the PATS memory. Tester erases all keys from the memory, then the module is switched to a "learn" mode. In this mode, operator must program the first key in 10 seconds and second key in 5 seconds, then BEM module is synchronized with PCM to allow the engine run. It means that in case of problems during this procedure (FORScan bug, faulty blank key etc) the engine may lose ability to start. Resolving these problems may take some time. So, this testing is not recommended for owners who need their vehicle on every day basis and have no an alternative ability to restore the vehicle normal operations (by visiting Ford or other service who can fix it).

Please send requests for beta-testing to PM or email. Please do not post the requests on the forum. Please specify the vehicle model and year in the request to avoid any confusion. We will reply back with test version of the program and instructions.
Sam1112
Vehicle: [AUS] Ford Fairmont Ghia [BA Mk2] [4L Straight 6]

Re: Programming PATS for Australian models 1998-2006

Post by Sam1112 »

For anyone thinking about trying this out, I tested it for them on my BA Fairmont and it worked fine without issues, so give it a go and help them out with your logs.

Cheers Forscan Team :D
Moran
Vehicle: 2005 Ford SY Territory I6 4L ZF 6 Speed

Post by Moran »

Is it possible to complete this on a car that has been disabled a friends son has purchased a BA from the auctions but is not starting
FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan »

Not sure we understood the question. If engine cannot be started because there is no key or synchronization between BEM and PCM is lost for some reason, then it should help. If the engine doesn't start because of a mechanical or electical fault, it may not help.
Moran
Vehicle: 2005 Ford SY Territory I6 4L ZF 6 Speed

Post by Moran »

Sorry for the confusion looks to be a synchronization between BEM and PCM and Key. The history of the car is unknown it was purchased from an Auction and my friend has not had time to check if there are any codes logged in the ECU. Once there is more information I will clarify the exact issue.
Thanks
Moran
FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan »

In any case, version 2.2.5 released recently has PATS function for Falcon 1998-2007. You just need extended license to run it, that can be obtained as described here:

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=836
dopey
Vehicle: Ford Territory

Post by dopey »

Thanks heaps to the forscan team, I programmed a new key for my brothers 2004 BA Falcon wagon with the extended licence and it works a treat!
If there's any way I can repay your generosity please let me know.
Thanks again!
BLAIR
Vehicle: FORD RANGER 3.2 2016 PX2

Post by BLAIR »

Hi been trying on my FORD FALCON XR6 AU2with no luck, i gain security access and doors cycles but doesnt delete or allow to add new key am i doing something wrong
FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan »

Fixed in v2.2.8
dant1612
Vehicle: AUS Falcons; AU2 4.0L i6 & FG 4.0L i6 Turbo

Post by dant1612 »

I was successfully able to program a new BEM/PATS Module to my AU2 falcon, including teaching it my existing keys. Car starts and runs afterwards (and no more flashing PATS light). This was with 2.2.8

One thing I was not able to do; In your PATS how-to you describe putting uncoded key near the transceiver and do a self check on the PATS module checking for DTCs to see whether the module and key are compatible. I was not able to do this, neither the IC or BEM supports self tests (forscan reports BEM is in charge of PATS programming). Not sure whether this is a forscan bug or module limitation