PSCM fault. Probably a complete failure

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
onekuelkat
Vehicle: fusion, gas, 2.5l, 2010

PSCM fault. Probably a complete failure

Post by onekuelkat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:41 am

No power steering on a 2010 fusion with electric power steering.
Through FORScan, I can read the code. "internal failure". I have two ELM 327 devices. The usb, as well as the wireless device - paired to an iphone.

I can not clear the code.

Has anyone dealt with this?

I have a new rack and pinion, the Ford service repair manual, and have downloaded the "as built" codes through fords website. Planning on installing the new rack sometime in the next few days, and programming the new rack with as built codes.
Prior to installation, I will download the as built codes from the vehicle, and I also do have the codes from the dealer as a back up, just in case.

Has anyone used FORScan for this?

Also, I will update the forum as to how the programming went, and weather I have to go to the dealer for them to program the pscm or not.

onekuelkat
Vehicle: fusion, gas, 2.5l, 2010

Re: PSCM fault. Probably a complete failure

Post by onekuelkat » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:43 am

Update.

Installed the new rack today, an A1 Cardone, purchased through summit racing. The install went well, as it should.

After the install, there was no longer a fault. Everything worked as it should, and the TPMS fault was also cleared.

As far a the programming is concerned, there was none to do. I tried to upload the as built data from the file I pulled off and saved. The computer said "nothing save. No changes made". Or something like that.

Anyway, All is well now, and thanks to FORScan, I won't have to drop it at the dealer for a day for them to "not" program the pscm.