Help with driver install OHP Ford ELMconfig

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions

Help with driver install OHP Ford ELMconfig

Postby BlownGP » Sun May 06, 2018 2:08 pm

So can anybody help with the drivers for windows 7
For this interface.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0 ... UTF8&psc=1

I went to there website, did download the drivers but which file do I download. None of them say drivers.
Windows seems to still not find it.

Thanks
Steven
BlownGP

Vehicle: 2015 Mustang GT

Re: Help with driver install OHP Ford ELMconfig

Postby Vladsky » Sun May 06, 2018 8:11 pm

BlownGP wrote:So can anybody help with the drivers for windows 7
For this interface.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0 ... UTF8&psc=1

I went to there website, did download the drivers but which file do I download. None of them say drivers.
Windows seems to still not find it.

Thanks
Steven

Howdy.

So - what's the problem here?

In the product link there's a link to the documentation PDF. Within that, there is a link to the driver install instructiuons. The other link points to a list of drivers - it Clearly SAYS : "Currently Supported VCP Drivers" so I dunno WTF you mean by sayin' "none of them say drivers"... ??? lol

Hence:

1 READ the Install instructions fer yer specific version of OS ( Win7 in this case)

2. DETERMINE yer processor architecture. IF you don't know that, you should either read the Help facility within Windows (Windows has a screen that shows this info), Google it to find out how to see what you have, ... or Quit right now :mrgreen:

3. CLICK on the Correct driver for windows version and yer processor architecture

4. The driver shows up as a ZIP file in yer default Downloads folder. Unzip it .. and FOLLOW the aforementioned instructions to install it.

It's just too simple to make more complicated. Da? This is basic PC usage stuff - Forscan is a LOT more dangerous... yer sure yer up to this? Be advised - It involves even MORE readin', something I'm not real confident yer gonna apply yerself to, given the content of yer OP.

Sorry - just the way I see it. I mean, Everything is Right There fer the doing. Fer chits & giggles I just ran through the entire process soup to nuts - took a couple minutes, tops. And I'm on my 6th wobbly-pop! Git 'er did, sport. Jeebus H. W. Chrispy ... :roll:

Fekkin' up ye PC is a lot cheaper and less fatal than fekkin' up ye ve-hikkle. aight? :lol:

Salut
Vlad
Vladsky

Vehicle: '15 3.5L Eco-Borscht - 409 rwhp, 526 rwtq

Postby BlownGP » Sun May 06, 2018 8:29 pm

Thanks for your help..

I got it to work. Not sure what I did, lol
It finally said device working properly.

Now comes the process of learning Forscan.
I finally got to were you can change the hexidecimals but it says I needed a license to do it.

I thought only needed that for more advanced stuff.

Steven
BlownGP

Vehicle: 2015 Mustang GT

Postby f-wolf » Sun May 06, 2018 10:31 pm

f-wolf

Vehicle: Ford XR6 Turbo BA MK II 6 Speed Manual

Return to Adapters & Connection