Mazda 6 injector calibration

Share your FORScan experience with other users

Mazda 6 injector calibration

Postby Paul_1970 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:13 am

I have a UK registered Mazda 6. MZR-CD 2.2 diesel engine. 180 PS. This is a 2012 facelift GH model.

Question: can I safely run the injector calibration service procedure? There is a lot of conjecture over this. Some cite that it doesn't work on the 2.2 litre models. Others say differently.

Additionally, is it wise to do this via a Bluetooth connection or would I be better off buying a wired interface. I am looking to use a Windows version for this purpose.

So far all I've done is use the Android edition to monitor DPF saturation levels. I've not been brave enough yet to make any changes apart from reset the an RKE code when I had two keys in the car simultaneously.

Thanks in advance,

Best wishes,

P.
Paul_1970

Vehicle: Mazda 6 Sport Tourer. MZD-CD 2.2. 180PS. 2012

Re: Mazda 6 injector calibration

Postby klokancz » Mon May 14, 2018 11:55 am

Hi,

I have Mazda CX-7 (2012) with the same 2.2 MRZ diesel engine. I have done the injector calibration last week, using USB interface (from Ali express - 9 EUR value - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-PIC ... 76979.html ) and Forscan in PC version. The procedure took about 3 minutes and worked just fine (noticeable changes in engine sound, vibrations, increasing and decreasing RPM). The result is great, much more "cultivated" engine sound and really a significant improvement in acceleration !

I would recommend to use USB version, however even Bluetooth should work (I have this interface working fine with CX-7 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Super-M ... 39714.html) in case that other less invasive procedures, like error reading/erase or controller internal tests are working without crashing the SW/loosing connection.

Regards,

Jan

Paul_1970 wrote:I have a UK registered Mazda 6. MZR-CD 2.2 diesel engine. 180 PS. This is a 2012 facelift GH model.

Question: can I safely run the injector calibration service procedure? There is a lot of conjecture over this. Some cite that it doesn't work on the 2.2 litre models. Others say differently.

Additionally, is it wise to do this via a Bluetooth connection or would I be better off buying a wired interface. I am looking to use a Windows version for this purpose.

So far all I've done is use the Android edition to monitor DPF saturation levels. I've not been brave enough yet to make any changes apart from reset the an RKE code when I had two keys in the car simultaneously.

Thanks in advance,

Best wishes,

P.
klokancz

Vehicle: Mazda CX-7, 2.2 MRZD diesel, MY2012

Return to Diagnostics and Maintenance using FORScan