sync 1 adding reverse camer, to 5inc monitor

Any issues related to FORScan application
promo7uk
Vehicle: ford fiesta mk8

sync 1 adding reverse camer, to 5inc monitor

Post by promo7uk » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:30 pm

hi guys i have a unit like this, https://imgur.com/a/PCWsU

and i have purchased cable to fit this from auto parts shop in germany it came few mnths ago only just getting round to adding this to my mk8 fiesta 2013 1.5tdci

now,, i have replace, cd unti also.. to this https://imgur.com/a/1WYep

now. i'am today adding the leads to get audio from my sat nav unit,, i have card and also monitor but like in other posts i have missing cables..
from cd untit i believe its pins 4 & 5 and also they need to goto pins, 6 & 12 of monitor sat nav head unti screen, like this..
(NOW MONITOR PIN 6)=(NOW GOES TO CD UNIT PIN 4)
(NOW MONITOR PIN 5)=(NOW GOES TO CD UNIT PIN 12)

so im just about to go and do this,, keep you posted how im doing,!

now reason for my post is,, i have no idea how to activate my unti to see reverse camera ,, i have ELM 327 + with HS & MS SWITCH,

i have extended my forscan to do this,! now. as i have done this, i have read my APIM, and get this,, but do not know how to add my reverse camera to my APIM,

What do i need to change to be able to get it too see my camera, cheers heres a picture also of my forscan reading of my APIM,
https://imgur.com/a/IJybZ

any help from anyone would be really really appreciated,!

i have other ideas too.., i want forscan to be able to auto roll windows up , when i lock car.. and want to add rain sensor / auto lights and also add folding mirrors and, also add heated seats and maybe cruise control. i have a 1.5tdci diesel fiesta mk8 zetec, but fancied upgrading it to A few mod conns, ive done sat nav this works spot on,, ,, might as well do cruise control as stearing wheel buttons have given up the ghost,, to control stereo/audio so might as well do that, as it was first of the mk8 back 2013.. anyways any help appreciated from anyone here, who might be doing the same or done the same,! firstly need to get reverse camera ap & running then thats 2 for 2 , on the upgrade then im going for arm rest maybe .. as thats quite simple. then maybe few more mnths add power mirrors and so on,, now we have bought the car from ford finance might as well ,, get it all smart with added extras,, cheers lee.

promo7uk

Re: sync 1 adding reverse camer, to 5inc monitor

Post by promo7uk » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:05 pm

hi guys just a quick one,, hooked mine up i now have audio ,,, on my navigation whayyyy,, whooop.. one step closer now reverse camera, thats installed. and like ive asked just now need code to activate this,,

denbo
Vehicle: ford focus 16 zetec

Post by denbo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:00 pm

You would do well to read the forum on camera,s. The aftermarket one,s don,t seem to work well. Lot,s of problems.

promo7uk

Post by promo7uk » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:37 pm

its not the camera mate,, its activating the apim,, lol.. if u maybe have read my post.. you would have seen,, i was asking how to activate it,, once its activated i can sort that out,

fgservo
Vehicle: Fiesta 1.0 Ti-VCT 2016

Post by fgservo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:43 pm

I upgrade my radio, the low version to Sony version on my fiesta 2016 80hp titanium.
I need to put audio on sat nav like you do.

I use the "stock" head unit because i need Usb port, and i don't have the sync module yet (can't find the loom to buy)

On Sony head unit, C1 connector is fine, just plug and play, what about the other connector, i dont know what to plug in there.

Activating the apim, i'm in the same boat as you, but maybe when i connect the head unit and sync module, somehow the apim appears.

Have you try activate the reverse camera on IPC Central configuration (Main) instead of (AS Built), and make sure you have the fuse (i dont)

http://www.autogenius.info/ford-fiesta- ... x-diagram/

promo7uk

Post by promo7uk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:11 pm

hi fgservo seems no one here will help.,, i purchased all i needed im a electronics engineer, with over 30 years experiance, all i want to do is, step by step guide it seems there is that many diffrent models. when i bought the car in 2013,
i payed for extra reverse sensors, so i have opion added, but ive purchased new APIM, screen sync 1.1 upgraded from mono unit, added gps antena, also added 2 extra wires for female audio gps directions now, that all works, bought camera lead and propper cam not cheap one, and i have diffrent option to most people , change 0, to a 3 im not going to mess with my settings now my forscan has run out ive waited that long for someone to help me, any one it would be appreciated ive been sat on this for over 7 mnths now with no or little help,, all i need to know is step by step, everywhere on here i have looked is people posting up.. change this to this 2032 ,, i dont have that option, where do i look,, what do i need to do step by step,, IM NOT ASKING TO BE SPOON FED, just someone to help me a little would be nice,

fgservo

Post by fgservo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:55 pm

Instead of using Apim, have you try via IPC (Main)?
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (282.43 KiB) Viewed 72 times
20.jpg
20.jpg (156.51 KiB) Viewed 72 times

promo7uk

Post by promo7uk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:11 pm

hi thanks for this ive just renewed my 2mnths forscan il be shure to give it ago., pref later, on in the week, little busy doing diy at min lol. but thankyou that helps loads,,

if u need any help with wires for audio of sat nav i can help.. also , was going to add extras to mine,, like auto power windows, and tyre pressure sensors,and so on,, like doing little mods to my cars,,

had a few issues over last few mnths rear back bushes failed ,, speed humps in the uk,, also front ball joints and drop links, ive had several of ball joints this cheap crappy chineese monkey metal. dont make them like they used to,, all cheap and shity and nasty,

fgservo

Post by fgservo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:31 pm

Yes i need for the wires, if you could remember it would be great :D :D .

From the numbers i have on cd unit (in picture red mark), number 1 should be consider from where i put the arrow,
or the first pin instead?
IMG_20180508_014111.jpg
IMG_20180508_014111.jpg (709.73 KiB) Viewed 68 times
Monitor pin is that number 1?
black is for traffic and pink is for the display.jpg
black is for traffic and pink is for the display.jpg (492.51 KiB) Viewed 68 times