Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Share your FORScan experience with other users

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Postby Donna » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:29 pm

I replaced my camera with a Ford part but still don't have the guidelines. How do I obtain the calibration software?
Donna
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:05 pm
Vehicle: 2011 Ford Edge

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Postby Strayshot » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Just as a data point for those interested. The camera on my 2011 Explorer was acting flaky - it would work fine sometimes, other times it worked but there were no guidelines and the image was flipped, other times it would just blank out. Just in case there was something askew with the system, I tried to run the camera calibration routine on it. I got the same error that everyone here is getting. I tried running the calibration routine multiple times with multiple different versions of ForScan. I got the same error result every time. I tried taking the camera out and cleaning the contacts, but I still got only intermittent performance from it.

I finally broke down down and bought a replacement camera. After reading of all the issues here and elsewhere that people were having calibrating their new cameras, I made sure to buy it from a Ford dealership. it came in, I replaced it and checked it. The camera was working fine (no reversed image or anything) but I had no guide lines after initial installation. I ran the camera calibration routine as I had with the old camera and it completed very quickly and without any errors! the guide lines were restored after this and everything has been fine since. So obviously my old camera was indeed bad.

The only thing I can figure for everyone having problems is that the cameras are either defective, or they are incompatible with the software on the system they are being installed in. This means they may be 3rd party (non-OEM) or maybe an OEM part that isn't quite the same part# as the one being replaced and therefore has some difference in its firmware.
Strayshot
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:12 pm
Vehicle: Explorer, 3.5l V6, 2011

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Postby FORScan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:03 am

Thanks to omar302 and Strayshot who confirmed what we have long suspected but could not confirm: the problem may be in non-OEM camera that is not fully compatible or defective:

omar302 wrote:Maybe this is not of much help, but maybe it is good for info or the ForScan team. I have a 2011 MKX & the camera calibration works on the stock camera, in other words, the programming goes through to 100% & completes. I suggest those that have tried to calibrate to specify if their camera are OEM or not. The easiest way to know is price, if it was from eBay for much less than $100/-, then it is an aftermarket.

Edit: Those with an upside down image, I don't believe a calibration will fix it. OEM, calibration will only add back the guidelines.



Strayshot wrote:Just as a data point for those interested. The camera on my 2011 Explorer was acting flaky - it would work fine sometimes, other times it worked but there were no guidelines and the image was flipped, other times it would just blank out. Just in case there was something askew with the system, I tried to run the camera calibration routine on it. I got the same error that everyone here is getting. I tried running the calibration routine multiple times with multiple different versions of ForScan. I got the same error result every time. I tried taking the camera out and cleaning the contacts, but I still got only intermittent performance from it.

I finally broke down down and bought a replacement camera. After reading of all the issues here and elsewhere that people were having calibrating their new cameras, I made sure to buy it from a Ford dealership. it came in, I replaced it and checked it. The camera was working fine (no reversed image or anything) but I had no guide lines after initial installation. I ran the camera calibration routine as I had with the old camera and it completed very quickly and without any errors! the guide lines were restored after this and everything has been fine since. So obviously my old camera was indeed bad.

The only thing I can figure for everyone having problems is that the cameras are either defective, or they are incompatible with the software on the system they are being installed in. This means they may be 3rd party (non-OEM) or maybe an OEM part that isn't quite the same part# as the one being replaced and therefore has some difference in its firmware.


We consider this issue closed.
FORScan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2541
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:21 am

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Postby stimpy88 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:50 pm

FORScan wrote:Thanks to omar302 and Strayshot who confirmed what we have long suspected but could not confirm: the problem may be in non-OEM camera that is not fully compatible or defective:

omar302 wrote:Maybe this is not of much help, but maybe it is good for info or the ForScan team. I have a 2011 MKX & the camera calibration works on the stock camera, in other words, the programming goes through to 100% & completes. I suggest those that have tried to calibrate to specify if their camera are OEM or not. The easiest way to know is price, if it was from eBay for much less than $100/-, then it is an aftermarket.

Edit: Those with an upside down image, I don't believe a calibration will fix it. OEM, calibration will only add back the guidelines.



Strayshot wrote:Just as a data point for those interested. The camera on my 2011 Explorer was acting flaky - it would work fine sometimes, other times it worked but there were no guidelines and the image was flipped, other times it would just blank out. Just in case there was something askew with the system, I tried to run the camera calibration routine on it. I got the same error that everyone here is getting. I tried running the calibration routine multiple times with multiple different versions of ForScan. I got the same error result every time. I tried taking the camera out and cleaning the contacts, but I still got only intermittent performance from it.

I finally broke down down and bought a replacement camera. After reading of all the issues here and elsewhere that people were having calibrating their new cameras, I made sure to buy it from a Ford dealership. it came in, I replaced it and checked it. The camera was working fine (no reversed image or anything) but I had no guide lines after initial installation. I ran the camera calibration routine as I had with the old camera and it completed very quickly and without any errors! the guide lines were restored after this and everything has been fine since. So obviously my old camera was indeed bad.

The only thing I can figure for everyone having problems is that the cameras are either defective, or they are incompatible with the software on the system they are being installed in. This means they may be 3rd party (non-OEM) or maybe an OEM part that isn't quite the same part# as the one being replaced and therefore has some difference in its firmware.


We consider this issue closed.


Then respectfully, please add a failure message or advisory to ForScan to advise users of what is happening. ForScan just stopping at 8% then freezing is not a particularly graceful failure mode, and leaves far too much ambiguity in what is actually going on.
stimpy88
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:28 am
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Mk4.5 - Diesel 2.0, 163, 2013

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Postby FORScan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:13 am

stimpy88 wrote:Then respectfully, please add a failure message or advisory to ForScan to advise users of what is happening. ForScan just stopping at 8% then freezing is not a particularly graceful failure mode, and leaves far too much ambiguity in what is actually going on.


Good point, thanks. Will do.
FORScan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2541
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:21 am

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Postby MarioMatos » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:32 pm

This Weird My Camara Work.. But Some Times Is Stop And Not Guideline

Download FORScam Calibrate All Work But In 1 o 2 Min Guideline Gone...

I Have Read Post Soo El Solution Is Change Camara For Original One?
MarioMatos
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:23 am
Vehicle: Ford Explorer XLT 2011

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Postby stimpy88 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:22 pm

MarioMatos wrote:This Weird My Camara Work.. But Some Times Is Stop And Not Guideline

Download FORScam Calibrate All Work But In 1 o 2 Min Guideline Gone...

I Have Read Post Soo El Solution Is Change Camara For Original One?


It sounds like you have a wiring problem, or a bad connection possible cause by water ingress.
stimpy88
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:28 am
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Mk4.5 - Diesel 2.0, 163, 2013

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Postby MarioMatos » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:10 am

stimpy88 wrote:
MarioMatos wrote:This Weird My Camara Work.. But Some Times Is Stop And Not Guideline

Download FORScam Calibrate All Work But In 1 o 2 Min Guideline Gone...

I Have Read Post Soo El Solution Is Change Camara For Original One?


It sounds like you have a wiring problem, or a bad connection possible cause by water ingress.


Thx For Replay Tomorrow Clean Camara Conection With Electronic Contact Cleaner
MarioMatos
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:23 am
Vehicle: Ford Explorer XLT 2011

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Postby karsavuran » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi all,
The question comes first :)
where is the "camera calibration routine"?

Let me explain my problem from the beginning.
My camera was completely working. The only problem was the dtc says "Initial module configration is not complete" so in order to get rid of that I found a VIN that belongs to same car except it has the camera from the factory. I download its asbuilt and write that to my module. After writing calibration image disappeared. I tried other calibrations, old calibration, disable and activate etc. No help. There is old original park sensor drawing on the screen. If I remove the module there is nothing on the screen.

I go to authorized service and we tried many things, such as install new module. But no help. Today, We installed my module to friends car which is also retrofited, and it worked!!! His module on my car did not work. So although it was working just before I clicked "write" for new calibration I started to check wiring.

Power is OK, MSCAN is OK. I did not remove camera yet so I am not sure about LIN and camera power but I remembered that I did not wired pin 5 of the module to pin 5 of the camera, which is ground, so I connected it to tailgate. I do not think that would be problem since it is already connected to ground but do you have any idea?

At that point I read I read this topic and I guess "camera calibration routine" is something different than changing AS-BUILT. Is it? What should I do?

PS car is mk3 focus, screen is 5" with navi which is also retrofitted.

PS2: I could not wait for reply and go to car to check but I could not "camera calibration routine" only thing except "IPMB Module Reset" is "IPMB Module Configration (AS BUILT format)". Self test end with the same DTC B115E:08-0B which says "Bus Signal/Message Failures"

Best,
Ozan
karsavuran
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:33 pm
Vehicle: Focus mk3 1.6 tdci

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Postby Mareng » Tue May 15, 2018 10:21 pm

curtie44 wrote:A couple of weeks ago my backup camera in my 2011 explorer limited quit working. I picked up a new one and installed. The camera works now except the image is upside down! I tried to perform the rear camera calibration in FORScan but every time at 8% I get the "Test aborted. Perform a self-test to identify any diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)" error. When I run the DCT test I get the B115E:08-48 error, but it says that it is not an active fault. I'm able to clear it and it doesnt come back until I run the rear camera calibration. Anyone know what is causing this? I'm running FORScan version 2.3.9



Is it possible to turn the camera 180°.
Mareng
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:41 pm
Location: Great Britain
Vehicle: Mazda 6 Diesel, 2.2, 2014, Britain

Previous

Return to Diagnostics and Maintenance using FORScan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests