Setting arbitrary tire sizes for speedometer calibration

Testing new functions

Re: Setting arbitrary tire sizes for speedometer calibration

Postby banewby17 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:44 am

f-wolf wrote:Just have a look here ... it may be of some help:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2650

And:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view#gid=0

Yes, yes. The guide in the OP is what I followed. It does not work for my 2014 F150. Someone else mentioned the same problem in this thread.

Still looking for answers.
banewby17

Vehicle: F150, 3.5L Ecoboost, 2014

Re: Setting arbitrary tire sizes for speedometer calibration

Postby banewby17 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:32 pm

Dordogne wrote:
Sally wrote:i have done speedo correction with HP Tuners on a 2017 Ford F150 Raptor cause we put 35x12.5x22
after that i got wrench light with DTC U0422:00-2F in PCM and P160A:00-AF in TCM

The only way to fix the wrench light is re programming BCM with IDS and do Powertrain ->Service Functions -> relearn vehicle data with IDS.

dose anybody know a solution to succsesfull adjust speedometer?

thanks

M.

To all of you experiencing the P160A DTC, FORScan is now able to perform a "Module initialization/Relearn vehicle data" on the PCM. This seems to do the same thing that IDS can do:

You need to set your desired tire size,restart, perform the "Module initialization/Relearn vehicle data", restart, clear P160A DTC and you should be good to go.

Apparently, some vehicles also need a TCM relearn performed.

SteveInWV wrote:I have a 2013 F150 and cannot get this to do anything with my truck. I just had 295/60 R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers installed on my OEM 20" rims. I've tried changing the pre-canned settings, and a customer setting using the calculator, and no matter what I do, my speedometer is 3 MPH slow.
Any thoughts?
If it can be done with a tuner, which I have read can be done, I have to believe that it can be done with Forscan.

AFAIK, this can only be done on 2015+ F150s that use what I call the "current generation" of as-built and modules. Nobody's been able to get it to work on a 2014 and older model year F150.

In your procedure summary in this post, you mention "You need to set your desired tire size,restart, perform the "Module initialization/Relearn vehicle data", restart, clear P160A DTC and you should be good to go."

To what are you referring when you say "restart?" Do you mean cycle the ignition off then on, or do you mean close FORScan and reopen?

Just to clarify, thanks.
banewby17

Vehicle: F150, 3.5L Ecoboost, 2014

Previous

Return to Beta testing