How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Share your FORScan experience with other users

Re: How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Postby shankster » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:09 pm

I have a 2014 Fiesta ST (US) with push button start (I have no actual key, just a fob) and I'm trying to program a second "key" with FORScan. This car has the timed secure access. I'm given the option to program an extra key or erase all keys and reprogram keys. I've only tried programing an extra key so far. The problem I'm having is that the ignition shuts off automatically after around 10 minutes and FORScan is telling me the process takes 12 minutes. The process therefore gets terminated before it can complete when the ignition shuts off. Is there any way to extend the time the ignition stays on? I've tried pushing the start button before the ignition times out but it just shuts the ignition off. Any help would be much appreciated.
shankster

Vehicle: US Ford Fiesta ST, 1.6L Ecoboost, 2014

Postby shankster » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:33 am

That last post was mine. I actually got hold of a 2nd working key. The used car dealer I bought the car from tracked down the 2nd key. I still want to program another 2 spare keys so I tried to get through the PATS programming again. By navigating around the my ford touch screen every few minutes I was able to prevent the ignition from shutting off during the process to program a new key. However, when I was 72% through the process I got an error message that said "security access denied". There was no explanation. I had my 2 working keys in the car at the time. I'd really like to get this figured out so please help if you can. I attached the log if that helps at all.

2014 Fiesta PATS log.txt
(390 Bytes) Downloaded 412 times
shankster

Postby Robbie H » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Having recently purchased the latest for scan diagnostic hardware and downloaded free software ect I have been able to add a spare key successfully. I do however have a question. I do not seem to have the option to generate in code using for scan and had to acquire incode externally. Why would this be?. My vehicle is a mk7 ford transit
Robbie H

Vehicle: Ford transit mk7 2.4 / 100, 2008

Postby hyperc » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:32 am

Can someone recommend me a cheap scanner that would allow me to access / program the pats key for 2006 fusion
Would this work not sure or any OBD 2 ?? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F0GVBWY?psc=1
hyperc

Vehicle: 2006 ford fusion 2.3

Postby shankster » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:38 pm

hyperc wrote:Can someone recommend me a cheap scanner that would allow me to access / program the pats key for 2006 fusion
Would this work not sure or any OBD 2 ?? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F0GVBWY?psc=1

That one would work but if you want really cheap you could go with this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-USB-V1-5 ... 2749.l2649

That is the one I purchased and it seems to work fine after finding the correct driver which was a bit of a challenge. After hours of hair-pulling I realized that the included disc didn't have the correct driver so I followed the procedure here and got it working immediately:
http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/supp ... 2-software

If you're not using Windows they have other pages with instructions for other operating systems.

The guys at Total Car Diagnostics seem to really know their stuff and their website is pretty convincing when they say their product is better than the eBay Chinese stuff. After sales support also seems to be outstanding. However they don't seem to offer the HS-CAN/MS-CAN switch on their unit so unless you want to take it apart and do the necessary soldering and switch install it's a moot point for us Ford / Mazda folks I guess.
shankster

Postby shankster » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:42 pm

shankster wrote:That last post was mine. I actually got hold of a 2nd working key. The used car dealer I bought the car from tracked down the 2nd key. I still want to program another 2 spare keys so I tried to get through the PATS programming again. By navigating around the my ford touch screen every few minutes I was able to prevent the ignition from shutting off during the process to program a new key. However, when I was 72% through the process I got an error message that said "security access denied". There was no explanation. I had my 2 working keys in the car at the time. I'd really like to get this figured out so please help if you can. I attached the log if that helps at all.

2014 Fiesta PATS log.txt

A FORScan Administrator responded to a post of mine on another thread and explained that FORScan won't work to program fobs that don't have a key and that they are working on a solution. No timeframe was given.
shankster

Postby tepic » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:08 am

Hey,
Is it possible to edit pats for a 2014 ford fiesta? (1.25L manual).
What I really want to do is to program a new (extra) key...

Thanks!
tepic

Vehicle: Ford fiesta 2014, manual, 1.25L

Postby mahesket » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:23 pm

HELP NEEDED ford puma 1999 uk

I fear I may have bricked my car, i tried adding a second key. (two programmed only one with the car) i got a spare key transponder second hand and tried to add the key following the process above.

although i fear the 'new' key may be invalid as forscan said success but number of keys not increased. please turn off and on and check to see if counter raises.

the counter stayed at 1 and now i cant start my car! is there any way round this or is it new key time?

thanks
mahesket

Vehicle: Ford Puma, petrol 1.7/125bhp 1999

Postby skyway20 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi I've just used forscan to program 2 keys on my focus 08 they both start the car etc but now I have the immobiliser light on solid while driving etc even with the old key I just added keys rather then clear them all would this be why? Any help would be amazing keep up the good work guy
Thanks matt
skyway20

Vehicle: ford focus 1.8 tdci 2008

Postby sootie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:07 pm

Was wondering if anyone can walk me thru PATS programming for a 2012 F550. I currently have no original keys for the truck. I now have one PATS key cut at the dealer (not programmed). I'm heading out into the field with the single key and my laptop and would appreciate some assistance.

on edit: PATS module did not show up under PCM, it showed up under BdyCM. If i tried to access the PATS module, it would say there is a 12 minute procedure and then security access is denied.
sootie

Vehicle: 2011 F250 XL, diesel 4x4

PreviousNext

Return to Diagnostics and Maintenance using FORScan