Re: How to program PATS using FORScan v2.2.*

Postby king kong » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:45 pm

I works also with clones (good ones) ;)
king kong

Vehicle: Ford 1.8 tdci

Postby passy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:46 am

Hello everyone,

I just dowloaded the latest release of Forscan for win (2.3.4 beta) and get an Extended license in order to add (program) a third key to the PATS.
I specify I have only one master working key for my Ford Focus 2007. The second one, stored within PATS memory, I losed it.
My intention is to program a third one, without the need for erassing the already programed. I do not want to take a risk.

The problem is that with this release (2.3.4 beta), the "Spare keys programable" line is missing from the PATS menu. Is this means I am not able to add a third key to PATS, without the need to delete the existing 2 keys and reprogram all ?

Thank you,
Regards
Attachments
Capture_spare_key.JPG
Capture_spare_key.JPG (29.77 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
passy

Vehicle: Ford Focus MK2 Cabriolet

Postby Rooster210 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:04 am

Thanks so so so so so so so so so much for having this option. I lost the key that went to an ECM that had been installed in my 99 mercury cougar. With this I was able to still install the ECM I needed and just reporogrammed my original keys for my car. It's so cool I don't have to swap lock cylinders anymore when I switch to a different ECM. Thanks again guys
Rooster210

Vehicle: 1999 cougar 3.0 MTX

Postby CrawlerChris » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:37 am

Question about PATS keys.
I'm working on swapping an AISIN 6 speed into my Freestyle that has a CVT. CVT is damaged and I don't want to pay to fix a bad design. Anyway, I've bought a junkyard PCM and ABS module from a Ford Five Hundred, and got the PATS key from the car. I swapped the ignition tumbler and temp installed the 500's PCM to be certain everything worked.
I'd like to keep the original PATS keys to the car to avoid swapping the door lock out.
Will I be able to program my old PATS keys into the 500's PCM? I'm assuming yes but figured I'd ask before clearing the 500's key memory.
Should be tricky as I will have to have the 500's tumbler installed to start the program (or so I think as I read the instructions) and then turn it off/swap the tumbler/ and get it back on within 10 seconds. I thought of perhaps leaving the tumbler in and removing the receiver ring to make it easier to get the PATS swap in.

If someone has done something similar, please give me some tips.

I'm sure if I had a way to program the PCM/ABS I'd be able to reuse the freestyle PCM but the VIN would have to be changed to a Ford Five Hundred so the transmission is read correctly by the PCM (as I've read, which could all be incorrect). I'm versed well in flash programming on Caterpillar Diesel engines but have never done a Ford before.
CrawlerChris

Vehicle: 2005 Freestyle 3.0L

Postby Andreasgolf2 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:03 pm

Is there a way to program a 3rd key without deleting the previous 2??
Andreasgolf2

Vehicle: focus mk2 1.6 tdci

Postby robmc5 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:47 am

I purchased a 2012 F-150 and only got a single key, it is a MyKey enabled key . I see the option in the PATS service procedure to erase and reprogram the keys, do I need two keys to preform this function? How do I tell if my key is the master or not, it definitely has the MyKey enabled and has some restriction with it (radio will not play unless seat belt is latched). When I check the Information menu on my truck under MyKet, it shows the MyKey in bold and the admin key in grey, I guess this means the key I have is the MyKey enabled key, is this correct?

Any help is appreciated!!
robmc5

Vehicle: Ford F-150

Postby nimik » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my experience with you, maybe it will help others.

I have a 2005 Ford Fiesta with only one key (that is how I bought it). A local keysmith offer is around 90USD for a new key.
Having a little knowledge I decided to buy a China key with 4D63 transponder(around 14USD with shipping included).

I decided to add a 3rd key in order not to risk deleting the one I had valid and not being able to start the vehicle in case the China key did not work (could make this more clear in the initial post). I also don't care about the other key since God knows where it was lost by the previous owner...
My first attempts to add a 3rd key failed.

I was using Forscan 2.3.5 beta and the first message was a "neutral" one saying that PATS replied finish of service function but the number of stored keys did not increase. After key off/on cyce of course it did not work and the number of stored keys was still 2.
At this point the engine start was not authorized anymore, not even with the original key (master key). I discovered by accident that if I request an PCM on demand self test it would clear the fault state and engine start was once more possible with the original key. Phew!
After this I decided I can try several times more, because I saw I can recover from the fault/non start mode.
The next attempts (at least 10) ended with a message of failure like "PATS programming failed".

After this I wanted to check the China transponder and I did this to the local keysmith and found out it was 6F63 but the guy told me it should work, cause "it's the 63 that counts". Also checked the original key and had a 63 transponder in it.

Ok, knowing this I decided to downgrade FORScan to v.2.2.11 as used in the first post of this thread.
Then I tried again, this time holding the transponder in hand close to the key barrel. The first attempt failed with the error "PATS programming failed" but on the second attempt it did work!
The key works perfect now, also the

Now I can't be sure what was the problem initially, the SW version or the fact that I held the transponder closer but the final idea is that I managed to make the China product work, despite a lot of warnings everywhere about bad/china keys/clones.

Hope this will help others, since this is the kind of information I was searching when I saw that the tutorial was not working for me :)

Thanks to the FORScan team for a quality SW product! Which is FREE!
nimik

Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI/68 HP, 2005

Postby Jimk » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Hello, after reading more post about the PATS function, I wonder why I can not detect the function with my mazda 6 2.0L of 2005 (LF)? I try with 1 different ECU a 2.3L (L3) with OPENPORT 2.0, ELM 327 1.4 USB and an ELM 327 1.5 Bluetooth. Will it be developed ? Tanks :?: :?: :?:
Jimk

Vehicle: Mazda 6 2.0L 16V LF 14 141 HP 04/2005

Postby kiki211c » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:51 am

Hi FORScan,
Does FORScan 2.3.5 support PAT programing to Ford EDGE 2016 model?
I try to follow the steps mention in your post, connect ELM327 to my EDGE and powered it on then run FORScan to read all modules, then go to service button, but when I faced to following modules I found that Icompletely lost myself.
modules list 1.png
first part of modules listed in service
modules list 1.png (157.66 KiB) Viewed 7455 times

modules list 2.png
second part of modules listed in service
modules list 2.png (83.13 KiB) Viewed 7455 times

There are so many modules and I have no any ideas which one will be used to program the key?
Thank you for your kind attention!
kiki211c

Vehicle: Ford EDGE, 2.0T,245hsp 2016

Postby ssnaked » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:56 am

I want to thank you so much!
Someone stole my wife's pocket with the second car key in it. I bought a spare key from Aliexpress for about 12€ and with your help I've programmed successfully it and deleted stored key from IC.
You roulez!!! but I rock!!!

Ps: I've a Ford Focus sw MK2.5
ssnaked

Vehicle: Ford Focus SW 1.6 Mk2.5

PreviousNext

Return to Diagnostics and Maintenance using FORScan