How to check blank PATS key

Share your FORScan experience with other users
TK13LG
Vehicle: Ford, 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 with Ti-VCT, 2017

Re: How to check blank PATS key

Post by TK13LG » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:26 pm

2017 Ford Expedition - trying to make additional keys. I have 2 master keys that came with the car. I have 2 uncut/unprogrammed keys...purchased from ebay. I am trying to verify if they are even able to be programmed. However, I never get any codes to check. I must totally be missing a step. Here is what I am getting after trying to run PATS and the prompt that it will take about 12 minutes. It gets right at 50% and gives me this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i3u9E9 ... sp=sharing

I really don't want to cut the keys until I know they can be programmed. If someone could guide me as I know I must me missing a step.

tjjd90603
Vehicle: 2008 F350 6.4 turbodiesel

Post by tjjd90603 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:18 am

Put a known good key in the ignition hold the blank ontop with the good key in the ign and try to run if it is valid the theft light will flash and car will not start code saying wrong key mismatch or theft will show up. Also make sure you have the right bit key. Also your connector might not be capable of programming, but will still read the pats system.

Tadder
Vehicle: 2009 Ford F150 5.4L

Post by Tadder » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:57 am

Hi, super noob here. How do I know if I have the master key? Neither of my keys have buttons, they're just keys. I have two of the small square fobs with lock/unlock/alarm. I'm afraid to do any programming in forscan because I don't want a brick in my driveway with no keys. I bought new fobs off Amazon that have the buttons on the key. I was able to program them (using the turn the key off and on method) so the buttons work, except the remote start button, which is the reason I got into this mess in the first place... my truck (09 F150 FX4) has factory installed remote start, but the fobs I have don't start it. Sorry for the book, any help is appreciated.
Tad

TimFor
Vehicle: Ford Focus, 1,8 TDCI, 85kW, 2007.

Post by TimFor » Fri May 04, 2018 2:37 pm

FORScan wrote:This is a complementory article, so please read the base one first:
http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=83
Please correct link to http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=839
And please explain if there is a way to find out what type transponder chip is in original key.
I found http://www.transpondery.com/transponder ... talog.html but can it be read and verified?

Elmojo
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Focus ST 2.0L 252bhp EcoBoost I4

Post by Elmojo » Sat May 26, 2018 1:38 am

Hi all,
I just started looking into FORScan, specifically because I lost one of the 2 keyless entry fobs for my 2013 Focus ST.
I have FS up and running, with the extended license, and my ELM327 (bluetooth) seems to be connecting just fine.
When I go into the PATS area to look around, in preparation for programming a new key (once I buy one), it tells me that it can't program keyless entry fobs, and that I should use the option under the "RFA module, if available".
I don't see a module with that name, leading me to believe it's not available. What, exactly, makes it unavailable? Is it because of my adapter? My vehicle model? Something else entirely?
I guess the bottom line question here is, is there any hope of using FORScan to program a new keyless entry smart fob to replace the one I lost?
thanks in advance for any direction or advice,
-Mike

f-wolf
Vehicle: Ford XR6 Turbo BA MK II 6 Speed Manual

Post by f-wolf » Sat May 26, 2018 2:31 am

Elmojo
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Focus ST 2.0L 252bhp EcoBoost I4

Post by Elmojo » Sat May 26, 2018 7:44 pm

Thanks for the link, but that procedure requires that you already have 2 programmed remotes.
It's only useful if you're adding a 3rd (or 4th?) key fob remote. That same info in posted on Ford's owner site.