Share your FORScan experience with other users

Re: How to check blank PATS key

Postby ronakshah » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:47 am

Nice piece of info shared :)
ronakshah

Vehicle: Ford fiesta 2009

Postby firemanpek » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:50 pm

just to add my thoughts on the key checking and ebay compatibility of keys.
I bought remote flip keys from ebay for my 2006 xr6 Ute for $21each. Had them cut at Frost locksmiths Newcastle for $22 each. Tested the DTC's Code got B1601 code, Meaning key is likely to be capable of being programmed.
I was scared off by the other posts saying the first 2 keys need to be straatech and the fact that i only had 1 original key and my pats required me to delete all keys before adding new keys. I didn't have the option to try to add a key.
I called the EBAY seller, who was a locksmith in QLD. He assured me that he had never had a problem coding these keys. Then as a second backup i called my auto electrician who told me to try, and if there was a problem, he would bring his scan tool and try.
I decided to give it a go. I got the warning about needing 2 pats keys to continue otherwise i would not be able to start the car. OK. OK. 10 seconds for first key 5 seconds for next....Unfortunately cut key was tight in lock and i timed out during operation.....arghhhh...Locked out, drop box appeared saying i only had one key, when i try to close to restart procedure another drop box takes its place...ARRRRGHHH...cntrl alt del..end program....restart program, reconnect forscan. Attempt procedure again, this time keys on the ready...focus...focus..key in turn, key out click, click sucesss, key in turn, click, click success! again next key success. Now i have to activate..oh oh, forgot to create an account at keyprog! Turned out to be easy incode, outcode. Perfect 3 keys programmed...Advice for people going to do this, was straight forward, just have everything ready...and steady the nerves especially when you think you have immobilized your car!
Thanks to the Awesome people at FORscan, your work is appreciated by many.
I am going to Program my sons 2004 BA Falcon next 2 remote Fip Keys also.
firemanpek

Vehicle: 2004 BA XT falcon ute dedicated lpg

Postby firemanpek » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:02 am

Just programmed keys for my sons BA Falcon ute. Funny thing happened when i was showing him how it works and how the non programmed key would not work.
I took the programmed key out, inserted the non programmed key, turned the ignition on. To my surprise the anti theft light went out...Weird...i turned the key...it started!
Must have the programmed key to close? Next i gave it to my son, he took the key away from the car....still no anti theft!....car still started. OK, I disconnected obd2 and forscan inserted the key again, Anti theft started flashing, gave code 1601. I programmed the keys and all works now, just thought it was strange how it did that.
Another strange thing is the BA had timed access and the BF had coded
firemanpek

Vehicle: 2004 BA XT falcon ute dedicated lpg

Postby Thesavo » Sat May 13, 2017 8:25 pm

This link at the beginning of the thread is broken.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=83
Thesavo

Vehicle: Escape 08 3.0

Postby kidshorsesme » Sun May 14, 2017 1:35 pm

This forum has been an invaluable resource in acquiring enough info to attempt to program an additional key for my Ford Exploder. Like many, I purchased a used car & only supplied one ignition key. Have now purchased an OEM Strattec chipped key from the USA, had it cut locally & applied for the extended lisence for FORscan to be able to program the car to accept the new additional key.

I very carefully checked & validated the new replacement key & got the correct B1601 error code so I then mustered all my courage to 'Delete ALL known keys' ! I found it a very simple, EASY process with FORscan and my vehicle (2003 4.6L V8 Explorer) only required 'timed' access of @ 12 minutes before allowing me to delete then program the new 'keys' !

So a very big THANK YOU to the software Author of FORscan ... you make life with our FORD vehicles so much more enjoyable by being able to diagnose & repair things ourselves .. and ultimately SAVE money ! :-)
kidshorsesme

Vehicle: Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 2003

Postby Thesavo » Mon May 15, 2017 12:22 am

kidshorsesme wrote:I very carefully checked & validated the new replacement key & got the correct B1601 error code so I then mustered all my courage to 'Delete ALL known keys' ! I found it a very simple, EASY process with FORscan and my vehicle (2003 4.6L V8 Explorer) only required 'timed' access of @ 12 minutes before allowing me to delete then program the new 'keys' !

I am scared to death to try this on my mom's new 2014 EDGE that has one key.
Thesavo

Vehicle: Escape 08 3.0

Postby skyway20 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:19 pm

Hi I've just used forscan to program 2 keys on my focus 08 they both start the car etc but now I have the immobiliser light on solid while driving etc even with the old key I just added keys rather then clear them all would this be why? Any help would be amazing keep up the good work guy
Thanks matt
skyway20

Vehicle: ford focus 1.8 tdci 2008

Postby renegade_si » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi

so I've tried programming a second key via PATS, which fails at the last step (ie when it actually goes to program). It correctly recognises the master key, generates incode and outcode ok. There have been previously 2 keys programmed, so no issues regarding there being too many keys either. I obviously bought the car with one key, else I'd try and program the "manual" method.

I do get the error code B1600-60 when I put the "blank" key into the DCM and read it.

The people that sent me the key (which was correctly cut and Ive programmed the alarm ok) tell me its the right transponder.

When I have the master key (and only key!) in the ignition and run DCM, that error doesnt come up.
Its a MK1 2007 Ford KA so would have been "old" PATS.

However, when I went to program, I read the following that was saved to the log (no other issues) :

"2017-12-12 11:08:49.184 [Ford AT Component] Problems with special pid 1165 for module 537"

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Simon
renegade_si

Vehicle: Ford KA 2007 1.3i Petrol

Postby mazdarunner » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi,

I have 2011 mazda 3 BL. 1.6 l 105 hp. I have 2 master keys and I have bought a cheap spare key from China for my car as a third key (433 mhz) and a blank unprogrammed transponder chip (80 bits). I tried to program the key using the procedure with car ignition ON-OFF with two master keys but it did not work. than I downloaded Forscan 2.3.12 beta with extended lciencing and connected my laptop via elm327 wifi adapter. "there are 2 keys stored " and " spare key programmable enabled" than tried to program the spare key by clicking "ignition key programming" went on the procedure but key programming failure message popped up. then i read DTC log it says :

IC: B10D7:51-8A
IC: B10D7:05-8A

I cleared the DTC and tried again but it did not work. same message...

so i couldn't program the spare key. B10D7:51 mean that key is programmable. does anyone know what is wrong? can i program this spare key in any way or forget about it?
mazdarunner

Vehicle: mazda 3 1.6 l 2011 105 hp

Postby TimFor » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:29 pm

Thesavo wrote:This link at the beginning of the thread is broken.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=83

It's viewtopic.php?f=6&t=839
TimFor

Vehicle: Ford Focus, 1,8 TDCI, 85kW, 2007.

PreviousNext

Return to Diagnostics and Maintenance using FORScan