Monitoring the Transmission

Share your FORScan experience with other users
SouthernExploder
Vehicle: 2016 Ford Explorer Limited

Monitoring the Transmission

Post by SouthernExploder » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:14 pm

I have a problem with my transmission (2016 Explorer) that the dealer cannot duplicate. At times, when I shift into reverse, the vehicle will either shift hard into reverse or do nothing. When it does nothing, I will tap the gas and it will then hard-shift into reverse. It never throws any codes.

I've asked the dealer if they can give me a monitor to plug in and capture data while I drive it but they said only Ford engineers use those, not the dealerships.

I'm curious if FORScan has the ability to monitor everything that the diagnostic system monitors (solenoids, pumps, line pressures, etc...) on the transmission. Is that documented anywhere?

randr10
Vehicle: 2011 Ford Flex Ecoboost

Re: Monitoring the Transmission

Post by randr10 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:31 pm

I know this was a while ago that you posted this, but maybe this can help other users. You should be able to find at least some of what you're looking for under "Read PID Data", the little oscilloscope looking icon on the left hand side of the screen in FORScan. Once you're connected to the vehicle, you can hit the little settings icon on the bottom and search any PIDs related to the transmission, and select all of those. Once you populate those into the "Dashboard" you can then push the play icon and it will start displaying and recording all of the sensors you've chosen. When you're done recording you hit the stop icon and then you hit the little floppy disk icon to save the recording to your hard drive. I don't know how to compile the data so that it's in graphic form or anything like that. I imagine you can do it with Excel or maybe another user might have some pointers on that. Hope this helps!