Standard and Extended licenses for Windows

Any issues related to FORScan application

Re: Standard and Extended licenses for Windows

Postby kevfal » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:47 pm

FORScan wrote:
kevfal wrote:Is there PATS support in Forscan for MK4 Mondeo using extended licence? I am looking to program a new key fob

Sorry, not yet, but we are working on it....

do you know when this may be available?
kevfal

Vehicle: Mondeo, 2.0TDCI 1997cc/140, 2010

Postby FORScan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:16 am

In case of some luck we are hopeful to start beta testing this month.
FORScan
Site Admin

Postby auwagon01 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:54 am

what happens if your pc updates and you loose yur extended license and it won't produce id needed?
auwagon01

Vehicle: au falcon,4l,2001

Postby FORScan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:01 am

You should be able to generate new licenses with new Hardware Id
FORScan
Site Admin

Postby AAMCOcs_tech » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:45 pm

I did the steps of generating a trial license key but after loading the generated key it only lists "standard license" and no access to PATS functions. I'm VERY interested in this program for the PATS function and the DCT re-initialization features as I work in the auto industry specifically with transmissions that's why the interest in the DCT functions but I also have to do PCM replacements and often I don't have access to a 2nd. key like in my present case the owner of the vehicle only has 1 key for it making using ford software impossible. If possible could someone please help me with the license issue I DEARLY need these 2 functions. many thanks
AAMCOcs_tech

Vehicle: 2007 ford edge 3.5l

Postby FORScan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:30 am

This is odd.

Please make sure you have latest official version installed (2.2.8). If not, install the latest one and try to apply the key again.

If still not, please check About page and compare Hardware Id displayed with the one you generated the key for. They must be identical.

If it is not the case, please try to install the key using registry editor:

1. Windows button + R
2. Type 'regedit' and press OK
3. File->Import, load the key file
4. Restart FORScan
FORScan
Site Admin

Postby AAMCOcs_tech » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Many thanks I had ver. 2.2.7 beta and updating to 2.2.8 fixed the issue but sadly I had to get the Edge I was working on done so I had to pay Ford to use FMP (Ford Module Programming) to do the parameter reset to replace the PCM but I may have another Ford to replace the PCM on today. I don't mind paying to use a program if I'm doing a reflash but what bugs me is having to pay almost $40 to do a simple function like a parameter reset. What I REALLY want to try Forscan out on is a re-initialization on a DCT but there's no telling when 1 of those will come in for repair.
If after testing it on a few vehicles and it all works out I would have no problems making a donation to the site to help out and if all goes well I would even go as far as recommending Forscan to the home office and the other shops for handling these functions when needed in the other shops as a better alternative to Fords FMP program. Also 1 major issue with Fords FMP and a J2534 pass-thru it can't do the DCT initialization the only way I have found to do that that is using Ford's VCM or VCM II and Ford's IDS program but for the limited times we see the DCT come in it's not worth the money to buy that much hardware/software to do these functions in a specialized repair facility.
AAMCOcs_tech

Vehicle: 2007 ford edge 3.5l

Postby FORScan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:51 am

FORScan has limited number of functions (comparing to Ford IDS). We work on it every day, but it is quite slow process.

Adaptive learning is currently implemented for PowerShift PS250 (Focus Mk3, new Ecosport, new Fiesta...)
FORScan
Site Admin

Postby tonyhanner » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:22 pm

unable to load extened licenses tryed to load manuel (windows key + r import) still nothing when restart request answer yes forscan restart still show standard licenses
any help would be great not sure were going wrong
updated pc and now working problem firewall on pc all good now thanks
tonyhanner

Vehicle: mustang,gas 3.8l/v6,2001

Postby FORScan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:07 am

Hardware Id may change after PC/OS upgrade, you need to generate new license key (in the same way).
FORScan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General and Support forum