Standard and Extended licenses for Windows

Any issues related to FORScan application

Re: Standard and Extended licenses for Windows

Postby fred08155 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:29 pm

grantdaly wrote:Is this possible or permisible?

Possible. But different computer = different Hardware ID. So you need to generate a license for each computer you use.
fred08155

Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Turnier TDCI 96kW 2002

Postby mhyll » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:42 am

What donation, or payment is needed to have lifetime extedn licenses, so I do not need to regenerate after 3 months?
mhyll

Vehicle: Focus MK2.5, 1.6 TDCi, 80kW, 2010

Postby jokke1805 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Hod do i get Extended licenses?

My forscan wirtes PATS extended licence needed etc.

i`ve changes instrumet cluster in a Focus 2008 and now the car wount start. like it`s the keys it dosen`t know in the pats.

best regards

Jes Juncher
jokke1805

Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Mk3 ST TDCI

Postby lollapalooza » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:07 am

mhyll wrote:What donation, or payment is needed to have lifetime extedn licenses, so I do not need to regenerate after 3 months?

jokke1805 wrote:Hod do i get Extended licenses?

The answer is the same for both of you: read this thread from the beginning.
lollapalooza

Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi 2011

Postby KENSHIP » Mon May 01, 2017 1:24 pm

I am unable to get the program to effectively load the key for the trial program. I have followed the directions, using the laptop that will be used with Forscan. The key appears to download through the browser, and I am able to find it with Forscan and "load" it. Forscan gives the message "...will restart" with the new key, and does. However, when it restarts, it is always the standard license. I have tried doubleclicking on the file itself, and that appears for a moment to work as well. Still, the program restarts in standard mode. Have tried restrarting the laptop and restarting the ignition and restarting Forscan multiple times. Still all I get is "standard mode".

Any help you can provide will be appreciated.
KENSHIP

Vehicle: Ford F150 3.5L 2017

Postby sethjamto » Mon May 01, 2017 10:59 pm

KENSHIP wrote:I am unable to get the program to effectively load the key for the trial program. I have followed the directions, using the laptop that will be used with Forscan. The key appears to download through the browser, and I am able to find it with Forscan and "load" it. Forscan gives the message "...will restart" with the new key, and does. However, when it restarts, it is always the standard license. I have tried doubleclicking on the file itself, and that appears for a moment to work as well. Still, the program restarts in standard mode. Have tried restrarting the laptop and restarting the ignition and restarting Forscan multiple times. Still all I get is "standard mode".

I just downloaded the extended license today too and am having the same problem. No matter how many times I've done it by the instructions, when it restarts it still says standard.

Any ideas?
2016 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Lariat FX4
sethjamto

Vehicle: 2016 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Postby wilit » Tue May 02, 2017 2:48 am

sethjamto wrote:
KENSHIP wrote:I am unable to get the program to effectively load the key for the trial program. I have followed the directions, using the laptop that will be used with Forscan. The key appears to download through the browser, and I am able to find it with Forscan and "load" it. Forscan gives the message "...will restart" with the new key, and does. However, when it restarts, it is always the standard license. I have tried doubleclicking on the file itself, and that appears for a moment to work as well. Still, the program restarts in standard mode. Have tried restrarting the laptop and restarting the ignition and restarting Forscan multiple times. Still all I get is "standard mode".

I just downloaded the extended license today too and am having the same problem. No matter how many times I've done it by the instructions, when it restarts it still says standard.

Any ideas?

Same issue here too. I tried generating a new license to see if that was the issue, but it does the same thing. Restarts in standard mode.

EDIT: Found this thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3420&p=14314&hilit=trailer#p14314

I ended up fixing the date and time on the laptop and it worked. Now loaded in extended mode and shows my name.
wilit

Vehicle: F150 - 2.7EB - 4x4 - 2017

Postby sethjamto » Tue May 02, 2017 11:13 am

How did you fix the date/time? My date/time show as correct and set to update automatically.

If it makes a difference, I'm on a MacBook Pro and running Forscan on Windows Parallels.
sethjamto

Postby wilit » Wed May 03, 2017 2:51 am

sethjamto wrote:How did you fix the date/time? My date/time show as correct and set to update automatically.

If it makes a difference, I'm on a MacBook Pro and running Forscan on Windows Parallels.

The date and time on my extremely old Dell D600 was off. Was showing January of 2005. I corrected it and re-opened the program to see that the registry key worked.
wilit

Vehicle: F150 - 2.7EB - 4x4 - 2017

Postby sethjamto » Wed May 03, 2017 8:25 pm

I finally figured out why my extended license wouldn't work. Maybe this will help someone else in the future.

I'm on a MacBook Pro and running Parallels with Windows 8 Pro so that I can run Forscan (and some other stuff needed at work that only run on the dreaded Windows platform...).

I originally downloaded the extended license while running on the Mac (not Parallels), then imported the file to the desktop of Parallels. I then opened Forscan and tried importing the file. It acted like it worked, but after Forscan restarted, I was still stuck at the Standard License. I tried probably 20 different times with no luck. The Mods tried emulating what I was doing and theirs worked perfectly, so I continued playing with it in different manners.

I finally decided to delete the extended license download file and start from scratch again. This time, I downloaded the file from Forscan.org while using Windows Explorer on Parallels instead of on Firefox while on the Mac OS. The new download instantly worked!

Hopefully anyone else on Parallels either does it right the first time, or learns from my mistake!

Now it's time to tweak some things on my 2016 F150 Lariat!
sethjamto

PreviousNext

Return to General and Support forum