Page 1 of 7

FORScan release notes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:17 am
by FORScan
FORScan v2.1.20 beta

+ Service function "Injector calibration" for:
Mazda 6 2.0 RF-T 2002-2004 model year
Mazda MPV 2.0 RF-T 2002-2004 model year
Mazda 5 2.0 RF-T 2007 model year
Mazda Bongo 2.0 RF-T 2007 model year


This service function needs to be tested on 2.0 RF-T 2007 model year. As for RF-T 2002-2004 model year - it was tested, found a problem for china ELM327 bluetooth adapters: because of PCM protocol specific, significant response time of china ELM327 bluetooth adapters may cause loss of connection to PCM. We have applied a fix/improvement for this case, but had no chance to test it (user who addressed the problem is out of city for 2 weeks).

+ Service fuction "Read Fuel Injector Correction Factors", "Change Fuel Injector Correction Factors" for:
Mazda BT-50 2.5 WL-CD/3.0 WE-CD 2007 model year
Ford Ranger/Everest/Endeavour 2.5 WL-CD/3.0 WE-CD 2007 model year


This function was not tested on a real vehicle (user who requested the function had no chance to check it). However, the function is very similar to other Mazda so we don't expect any problems here.

+ Service procedure "ABS service bleed" for vehicles with ESP:
Mondeo Mk4 2007-2011 model year
Galaxy/S-Max 2006-2010 model year
Fiesta Mk7 2008-2011 model year
Fiesta Mk7 with ABS Mk60 2013 model year
Focus/C-Max Mk3 2011 model year
Kuga 2013 model year
B-Max with ABS Mk60 2012 model year
Transit Connect / Tourneo Connect 2009 model year
Transit Connect 2014 model year
EcoSport 2014 model year


This function was thoroughly tested only on Fiesta Mk7 and Focus Mk3. On Fiesta Mk7 user who replaced the brake fluid complained that the flud didn't penetrate to ABS pump until he pressed the brake pedal (although the procedure instructs to do not touch pedal). We are not sure if this a local problem with the procedure or model specific. On Focus Mk3 the procedure was executed just fine. For other models it should be executed carefully.

+ Service procedures "DPF Static Regeneration", "Reset the Diesel Particulate Filter Learned Values", "Reset Differential Pressure Sensor Learned Values" for:

Mondeo Mk4 2.2 TDCi (Euro V) 2011 model year
Galaxy/S-Max 2.2 TDCi (Euro V) 2010 model year
Focus/C-Max Mk3 2.0 TDCi 2011 model year


This procedure was tested on Mondeo Mk4 2011, the problem is that for some reason the procedure won't start on this vehicle with error code "incorrect vehicle conditions". The procedure was thoroughly reviewed several times, found no problems - the procedure seems to be correct. Need tests on other vehicles with this type of PCM.

Re: FORScan release notes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:28 am
by midnight
Hi FORScan. I just tried to install the latest release and my antivirus software blocked it. My antivirus software reported that is-JE74T.tmp as malware. The file was quarantined.

Re: FORScan release notes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:52 am
by FORScan
midnight wrote:Hi FORScan. I just tried to install the latest release and my antivirus software blocked it. My antivirus software reported that is-JE74T.tmp as malware. The file was quarantined.


We use binary packer that may give false virus or malware alert sometimes. This binary is claimed to be malware by Emsisoft, F-Secure and some other software. There is no malware here, in fact.

Re: FORScan release notes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:46 am
by midnight
Hi FORScan. No problem. Is it best to turn off my virus software first in order to install the latest update.

Re: FORScan release notes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:07 pm
by miki_tappy
I already used the ver.2.19 on ford everest 2.5 tdci but there is no procedure to calibrate the injectors. i hv used it for clear the dtc problem. after that, I install the newer version, but the newer version unable to identify the car ECU. I try to use in other Ford Everest, and the software work fine. but in the first everest, the software is unable to identify the ECU. can u help me about this??

thx

Re: FORScan release notes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:30 am
by FORScan
miki_tappy wrote:I already used the ver.2.19 on ford everest 2.5 tdci but there is no procedure to calibrate the injectors. i hv used it for clear the dtc problem. after that, I install the newer version, but the newer version unable to identify the car ECU. I try to use in other Ford Everest, and the software work fine. but in the first everest, the software is unable to identify the ECU. can u help me about this??


Sorry, this is a serious bug in v2.1.20. We have urgently issued version 2.1.21 that has this bug fixed.

Re: FORScan release notes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:08 am
by 2007 MZR-CD
FORScan wrote:
miki_tappy wrote:I already used the ver.2.19 on ford everest 2.5 tdci but there is no procedure to calibrate the injectors. i hv used it for clear the dtc problem. after that, I install the newer version, but the newer version unable to identify the car ECU. I try to use in other Ford Everest, and the software work fine. but in the first everest, the software is unable to identify the ECU. can u help me about this??


Sorry, this is a serious bug in v2.1.20. We have urgently issued version 2.1.21 that has this bug fixed.
Just tried version 2.1.21 and it does not recognize my 2006 Mazda 6 Turbo Diesel whereas the older version did. Tried unplugging etc etc.

Re: FORScan release notes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:41 am
by FORScan
2007 MZR-CD wrote:Just tried version 2.1.21 and it does not recognize my 2006 Mazda 6 Turbo Diesel whereas the older version did. Tried unplugging etc etc.


Version 2.1.21 should normally work on both of your Mazda (double checked). Please do the following:

1. Uninstall current version of FORScan
2. Install 2.1.21

If still doesn't work, please send us logs, we will investigate this problem

Re: FORScan release notes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:08 am
by 2007 MZR-CD
FORScan wrote:
2007 MZR-CD wrote:Just tried version 2.1.21 and it does not recognize my 2006 Mazda 6 Turbo Diesel whereas the older version did. Tried unplugging etc etc.


Version 2.1.21 should normally work on both of your Mazda (double checked). Please do the following:

1. Uninstall current version of FORScan
2. Install 2.1.21

If still doesn't work, please send us logs, we will investigate this problem


Hi FORScan Team,

I have retried 2.1.21 and now it works.

FORScan v2.1.22 release notes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:28 am
by FORScan
FORScan v2.1.22 release notes

+ Support of CanTieCar adapter in FORScan mode


This delivery was forced by request of users with CANtieCAR adapter. Developer of the adapter have implemented special FORScan mode that allows to work with MS-CAN. We have implemented support of this mode. Tesed on firmware CANtieCAR3_RC_BW03000650_FW03001618.rfw.

- incorrect CAN protocol initialization that might cause connection problems on some Mazda models


This fix may help to Mazda users with a china ELM327 Bluetooth adapter that have problems with vehicle connection/identification in FORScan