Help with downloading license Key

Any issues related to FORScan application

Help with downloading license Key

Postby Motor3440 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:50 pm

I'm running windows 10. tried to download key. when I went to click open file with by mistake I clicked adobe. Now every time I try to open it will only open with Adobe. I tried to switch it to another App. It will no recognize FORscan as an app to open with or save to desk top as ( .key ) Don't know what i'm doing wrong, trying to get my key to load into the Forscan. Any help greatly appreciated?

Using windos10 on a surface tab.
Motor3440

Vehicle: 2017 Ford F150 3.5 ecoboost

Re: Help with downloading license Key

Postby rgray99c » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:39 pm

https://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-s ... indows-10/

You just need to reset your file type default for the .key so that regedit will open it. Link above will walk you through step by step on how to do it.
rgray99c

Vehicle: Mk4 Mondeo 2.2 TDCi

Postby Garnet » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:36 am

If you have downloaded the extended license to your computer then start FORScan and click on the steering wheel icon at the bottom left of the screen. Click on the box that says Load License Key. Now navigate yourself to where you stored the license key you created and downloaded. Click on that file and click on Ok. Click Yes for the warning message that comes up next and then smile - you're done. Remember these steps because you will be doing it again in another two months when the license expires. If you want to see the expiry date click on the steering wheel icon in FORScan again and it will now show you the date.
Garnet

Vehicle: 2016 F150 2.7L

Postby Static4orce » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:31 pm

What should I do when the license doesn't load?
Static4orce

Vehicle: F-150 5.0L V8 2015; Escape 3.0L V6 2012

Postby estreet7 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:55 am

no matter what I do it will not go to where the key is stored? It only goes to files not anything I downloaded, I hate Windows 10! XP was the best! Yes, I have tried to copy and paste it also! The above link might as well be in French, it doesn't say how to fix this! What is "regedit"?What app or kind of file is looking for it, what is the kind it is looking for? .key is of no use or help! English, Please! This is what is called a "bug" that needs to be fixed here! Please, just store the key in the program! Thanks! Storing, saving, or reading it with "regedit" does not work! Why would you even post that incomplete even more confusing info! The answer is in that link somewhere if your a computer wiz maybe and have the time to learn everything Windows! wasted my time-just someone intelligent give a simple answer, please! Not a useless seemingly (but maybe right?) smart one! I am mad because I have spent a lot of money and time in this and my new notebook, Ford workshop manual on disk and OBDLink MX are of no use if the program does not load the key!!! Clear, straight forward, step by step instructions always work!
estreet7

Vehicle: Lincoln Navigator L,5.4L 3v,2009

Postby estreet7 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:03 am

Working Now! Great Program!
estreet7

Vehicle: Lincoln Navigator L,5.4L 3v,2009

Return to General and Support forum